Motorcycle sound question

Sounds like a tensioner installed little tight , heck all my bikes I would put manual tensioner to tighten up just little extra so you didn't get that chain slap into covers /engine case

Rc51 sounds like this
My buddies shadows sounds like this most all vtwins I have heard rode fixed sounds same

Take it to bike shop ask them to come outside listen I bet you they will say

Normal

Rc51 sounds like this

Ummmm no. Ask me how I know.
There's just a small whine to the drive, it's not in your face like the noise in the video. The sound is just enough to make you wonder why does it make that noise. Even with the silencer gears removed it's not "loud" it's more of an OMG that can't be god kind of noise. Ever heard an old dry clutch gixxer?
Had one of those too......

Most (all?) Honda gear driven cammed engines use helical cut gears and so are almost silent. Even in chain driven cam setups the noise should not be as noteable as it is in that video. It indicates to me that the chain tensioners are too lose (not tight), either because oil level is too low (they are hydraulically self-adjusting), it was cold and recently the adjusters have been backed out for service, or the chains are beyond adjustment limit. All of which are reasons to walk away from the bike.

Sounds like a tensioner installed little tight , heck all my bikes I would put manual tensioner to tighten up just little extra so you didn't get that chain slap into covers /engine case

Rc51 sounds like this
My buddies shadows sounds like this most all vtwins I have heard rode fixed sounds same

Take it to bike shop ask them to come outside listen I bet you they will say

Normal

If this was normal, this thread wouldn't exist. Mgonza has enough sense to realize something is out of line. Far from normal for a Shadow. There are too many of these shadows for sale for cheap to consider this one.

Back
Top Bottom