• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Moving Back to North GA?

I'm right on the edge of Lawrenceville/Dacula - my previous job (I left in Oct 2022) took me to Norcross. Was about a 45 minute commute each way. Was pretty much always congested with no GREAT routes to get you there quickly.

Gwinnett sucks. I think the population of Gwinnett alone is over 1 million now. Crime is increasing as the sprawl of Atlanta continues its creep further out. There are nice areas, but traffic will be a constant frustration.

If you're going to move back to metro ATL and work in Norcross, I would say move as far north as you can stand to commute, but if you're like me, traffic will absolutely drive you bonkers.

No job opportunity in the world could convince me to commute to Norcross ever again. Many years ago I worked for a company who's HQ was there and the commute alone was enough to make me quit, much less all the other problems. I wasted so many hours sitting in traffic. I remember my coworkers would literally just stay in the office until almost 7pm because leaving at 7 they'd get home at the same time as if they'd left at 5 during rush out. And that was for a < 20 mile commute.

Personally, I'd rather live in Raleigh and make less money if I had to live in a major metro area. Not that it helps with your question. Hope it works out well either way.

Back
Top Bottom