• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

MSAR E4 Aug Clone issues

ricktennisace

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
136   0
Reaction score
I'm frustrated and looking for someone smarter than me (which shouldn't be very hard) or that can point me in the right direction. I picked up an MSAR E4 (takes AR mags) several years ago when they first came out. Since then it has been a safe queen until lately. When I finally took it to the range, I discovered it won't function. Issues: most of the time it won't fire but if you "slap" the cocking lever down and let it seat then it will fire, then most of the time if it does fire it won't eject the cartridge but if it does eject the cartridge then it is a 50/50 chance it will load the next cartridge properly...but sometimes it will cycle and fire 3 or 4 rounds. I've tried different ammo and used both magpul and MSAR mags, it seems to like the MSAR mags better (not sure why, they all function in my ARs fine). Microtech no longer offers repairs or services on these weapons and I've found one company that will but I was trying to avoid shipping out of state if possible.

If anyone knows a reputable gunsmith that can work on these type of firearms please let me know. If not then I'm going to have to sell or trade her off but that will be a serious hit I'm sure. Although, it makes an excellent singe shot assault rifle when it does go bang! :0)

Attachments

• Side view 1.jpg
    Side view 1.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Close up side view.jpg
    Close up side view.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Side view ejection.jpg
    Side view ejection.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 19
Every one I owned wouldn’t run, but after shipping them back for warranty work they were fine. I sold both of those. I tried to buy a 3rd on the ODT. Asked if it ran and I was told it did as far as he knew. I set up the buy at a range so I could test it. Sure enough it wouldn’t run and I didn’t buy it. Cool guns, but I will never buy another.

Back
Top Bottom