Must see on Netflix...

I haven't watched this, but I'm assuming it's about LE creating a false murder charge against someone. Unfortunately, I have personal experience with this. I'm a pro LE guy, but I can tell you that if I'm ever charged with a major crime I will not be showing up for trial. I'll be gone.

My best friend while in the military was convicted of First Degree Murder and I know he was innocent. Not just "not guilty", but innocent. The worst part is that the judge in the trial also knew it. I'm pretty sure the DA and police knew it, too. But it was a high profile case and they needed to convict anyone involved in the incident. The real killer had already been convicted, with my friends help, and they completely screwed my buddy over.

It's a long story, but he served 16 years for a crime he did not commit and had no idea was going to happen.
That's absolutely insane to me! Over the past two years I have become acutely aware of how naive I have been in my life. I (like most people) was taught from a young age that police are GOOD, and the justice system was GOOD, and that laws were put into place to protect EVERYBODY, and that bad things only happen to people that are BAD. Unfortunately, the reality is this - there is only one thing that will protect you and your family...YOU!

That's absolutely insane to me! Over the past two years I have become acutely aware of how naive I have been in my life. I (like most people) was taught from a young age that police are GOOD, and the justice system was GOOD, and that laws were put into place to protect EVERYBODY, and that bad things only happen to people that are BAD. Unfortunately, the reality is this - there is only one thing that will protect you and your family...YOU!
Don't get me wrong, I am absolutely PRO LE and I believe that most people in the LE community are legitimate but, ....they are still people and not infallible.

dont you dare say there are bad police! you have no idea what your talking about and have just been brainwashed by the media. you are now an anti-law and are just an awful cop basher like all the rest! Police are the only thing that can protect you and until you give away all your rights they cant protect you properly, you see its YOU that's the problem not the police. . . (said with as much sarcasm as I possibly can)

Try one in the documentary section called Hard Time. It's about life in the GA prison system. The first episode is getting off the bus at Jackson. Towards the last episodes they showed how the two guys escaped from Hays back in 08 and the cops and guards were all over them mountains up there looking for them. I think all teenagers should have to watch it.
There's another one called The Farm that's about Angola State Prison in Louisiana. Its really bleak. There's a guy throughout the whole thing that's in the infirmary dying with lung cancer. So at one point all his buddies from the block come see him for Christmas. Most of them can't keep from crying. At the end they're burying him in a pine box on the prison property. The remnants of his family are near the gate asking why he wanted to be buried there. They wanted to take him to the family plot. So these convicts had to explain to these cryir women that the guy wanted to be buried amongst friends and people he actually knew and saw in a regular. It's hard to watch without choking up.

Last edited:
dont you dare say there are bad police! you have no idea what your talking about and have just been brainwashed by the media. you are now an anti-law and are just an awful cop basher like all the rest! Police are the only thing that can protect you and until you give away all your rights they cant protect you properly, you see its YOU that's the problem not the police. . . (said with as much sarcasm as I possibly can)
I picked up the sarcasm quickly..the alternative was that you were a gigantic leftwing asshat and I knew that if you were on this website that the likelihood of that was pretty slim :becky:
Try one in the documentary section called Hard Time. It's about life in the GA prison system. The first episode is getting off the bus at Jackson. Towards the last episodes they showed how the two guys escaped from Hays back in 08 and the cops and guards were all over them mountains up there looking for them. I think all teenagers should have to watch it.
There's another one called The Farm that's about Angola State Prison in Louisiana. Its really bleak. There's a guy throughout the whole thing that's in the infirmary dying with lung cancer. So at one point all his buddies from the block come see him for Christmas. Most of them can't keep from crying. At the end they're burying him in a pine box on the prison property. The remnants of his family are near the gate asking why he wanted to be buried there. They wanted to take him to the family plot. So these convicts had to explain to these cryir women that the guy wanted to be buried amongst friends and people he actually knew and saw in a regular. It's hard to watch without choking up.
Those both sound like something to go on my list, thanks!

Last edited:
I have only watched @15 minutes of this (so far) and already feel that Avery was (is) a low rent piece of s***. I haven't reached the part where he was apparently framed, but I just don't care. Kind of the same way I don't care about whether or not Freddy Gray got the "nickle ride" in that Baltimore case. Scum bags need to be removed from the general population before someone worth a damn ends up maimed or killed from their stupidity. The part of the program that has Avery admitting he intimidated his cousin by aggressively pulling up alongside her vehicle, then pulled a gun on her (loaded or not) is enough for me to say he needs to leave this earth.

I have only watched @15 minutes of this (so far) and already feel that Avery was (is) a low rent piece of s***. I haven't reached the part where he was apparently framed, but I just don't care. Kind of the same way I don't care about whether or not Freddy Gray got the "nickle ride" in that Baltimore case. Scum bags need to be removed from the general population before someone worth a damn ends up maimed or killed from their stupidity. The part of the program that has Avery admitting he intimidated his cousin by aggressively pulling up alongside her vehicle, then pulled a gun on her (loaded or not) is enough for me to say he needs to leave this earth.
Yep that was exactly how he was wrongfully convicted people jumping to conclusions.

Back
Top Bottom