Sig 226
9mm
Blue Box
3 Sig 15rd Restricted marked mags
Night Sights

Made in USA, no german mention on gun.

Paid $440 tax included for all!!!!

Here are some questions:

1) How do I tell the age? (no date codes or proofs under slide)

2) Decocker has been removed. Is this safe?

3) Is all black but says "Stainless" on slide

i47.tinypic.com_wbe1cx.jpg

i49.tinypic.com_4pxxn8.jpg

i49.tinypic.com_2mcyf77.jpg

i48.tinypic.com_2lngso0.jpg

Call Sig with serial for production year.
If the decocker was removed the gun should now be DAO. No problems there. It's a stainless steel slide with a black Nitron coating. Great piece and great price.

That's interesting. I don't know what the purpose of removing decocker is. Just means there's no way to safely lower the hammer except on an empty chamber. Never heard of anyone doing that mod.

As for the date codes...there must be some markings on it. Take another look.

That's a pretty good find, especially with night sights and the 3 mags. As a police trade in, you know it probably wasn't fired much. I'd look into that decocker, though...

As far as decocking hammer, hammer does not stay back after slide is racked. appears DAO

- - - Updated - - -

Found another Flint PD trade in on GB and it has Decocker removed also, must be a dpt thing.

As far as decocking hammer, hammer does not stay back after slide is racked. appears DAO

- - - Updated - - -

Found another Flint PD trade in on GB and it has Decocker removed also, must be a dpt thing.

Oh, well, I guess it's good to go then. Just never heard of it. But DAO with a hammer is interesting...can you manually cock the hammer and fire it that way?

Either way, great gun at a great price. One of these days I'm going to get another P226.

Back
Top Bottom