• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

My beer can chicken

Thanks for the consideration. It's a blast and I love too cook as well. Maybe next year!

If I was younger and I could handle the heat, I would teach you young Whipper Snappers how it is done!! But I do love the passion, for all that take the time and are willing to give it a go...Smoking meat is like making love to a good woman, you take your time, and prepare properly for the juicy results!

If I was younger and I could handle the heat, I would teach you young Whipper Snappers how it is done!! But I do love the passion, for all that take the time and are willing to give it a go...Smoking meat is like making love to a good woman, you take your time, and prepare properly for the juicy results!
I'm excited for all kinds of reasons, we would love for you to come out and teach us. I'll provide the canopy and fan!

Why don't you like to do brisket and pork on the pellet? I was thinking about getting a Weber kettle.
The long period of time required to cook means I have to baby sit the pellet grill by having to add more pellets when it needs it. I like brisket cooked for like 12 hrs with a good amount of smoke. From what I hear, the BG EGG is very fuel efficient. You can set it and forget it. I like to get things smoking about bed time then pig out the next day. Here is one for you guys to try if you just want some pulled pork sammichs. No smoker required. In a cast Iron Dutch Oven,(I have an enameled one, they clean up easy) Cut up a large onion and place on bottom, place in pork butt, pour in 2 cans of coke, pour 1 can of smoked chipotle peppers on top, put on lid. Place in middle of the oven at 300 degrees and go to bed. 7 to 8 hrs later, pull the meat off bone and use a turkey baster to suck up sauce in pan. Lot of grease will be floating on top. Easy and with some good BBQ sauce and slaw? Lawd how mercy!

The long period of time required to cook means I have to baby sit the pellet grill by having to add more pellets when it needs it. I like brisket cooked for like 12 hrs with a good amount of smoke. From what I hear, the BG EGG is very fuel efficient. You can set it and forget it. I like to get things smoking about bed time then pig out the next day. Here is one for you guys to try if you just want some pulled pork sammichs. No smoker required. In a cast Iron Dutch Oven,(I have an enameled one, they clean up easy) Cut up a large onion and place on bottom, place in pork butt, pour in 2 cans of coke, pour 1 can of smoked chipotle peppers on top, put on lid. Place in middle of the oven at 300 degrees and go to bed. 7 to 8 hrs later, pull the meat off bone and use a turkey baster to suck up sauce in pan. Lot of grease will be floating on top. Easy and with some good BBQ sauce and slaw? Lawd how mercy!

Depends on a number of factors but they say you should get 1-3 hours per lb of pellets and hopper size is like 20-40 lbs depending on which smoker you get. You should be able to do a 12 hour brisket no problem. Good thing about pellet smoker is it regulates the temperature for you. I would think kettles and ceramic egg types would take more maintenance with regards temperature control.

Back
Top Bottom