• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

My "Bug Out Weapons"

Get a .22 pellet conversion for your AR. It takes up less weight and room than a .22 conversion and will still take a squirrel at close range pretty quietly. Add 20 rounds of birdshot pistol rounds and some snare wire and your set. The pistol and AR can cover the rolls of the shotgun if needed. Of course this is figuring that you are going it alone. I prefer lighter, quieter moving. Rucking several days of food, water, equipment, ammo, pistol and a rifle can get heavy when having to cover a lot of ground quickly..

Get a .22 pellet conversion for your AR. It takes up less weight and room than a .22 conversion and will still take a squirrel at close range pretty quietly. Add 20 rounds of birdshot pistol rounds and some snare wire and your set. The pistol and AR can cover the rolls of the shotgun if needed. Of course this is figuring that you are going it alone. I prefer lighter, quieter moving. Rucking several days of food, water, equipment, ammo, pistol and a rifle can get heavy when having to cover a lot of ground quickly..

Good input right there, never really thought about .22 for the AR. Might have to invest after all this surge buying ends

Good input right there, never really thought about .22 for the AR. Might have to invest after all this surge buying ends

I am with you here. I have the following in my bag.

S&W .22 w/ 3 mags
.22 conversion kit with 5 mags
1k .22 rounds
240 .223 rounds
100 .45 rounds

My primary weapon is a Bushmaster AR platform with 8 mags.

Dan Wesson CBOB .45 with 4 mags.

I have thought about adding a box of .40/9mm/.38 to use as barter/Trade if needed.

I don't own any guns but if I did for my protection and food procurement....
Full size 9mm with 2 mags (35 rounds Gold-Dot +P)
AR-15 with 4 mags of Federal Fusion
10 rounds of birdshot for 9mm which does decent groups at 15 feet but I don't know how lethal it is for small game.
Gerber LMF II knife, several squirrel size pre-made snares, fishing line/hooks/sinkers, extra wire and 550 cord.
Plus 3 days food, 4 liters of water, water purification, tarp, bivy cover/patrol bag, FLC, med kits, light, etc. Etc.

Back
Top Bottom