• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My daughter needs a kidney transplant

Scott If I can Help you guys in anyway please let me know. If you need a ride or someone to cut the yard you guys let me know. I pray for you both and Cant imagine the emotions being felt right now.

Scott If I can Help you guys in anyway please let me know. If you need a ride or someone to cut the yard you guys let me know. I pray for you both and Cant imagine the emotions being felt right now.
Thanks man. I really appreciate that. Have you checked out my daughters webpage? Subscribe and follow at www.cotaforfaithm.com

Hey fellow ODTers,

I wasn't going to say anything on this forum but I guess I had a change of heart. My wife and I have been together since high school. We have been together over 24 years and married for the last 18. We have a 16 year old daughter and a 12 year old son. My daughter has kidney disease since birth. She has never needed dialysis. She was really sick on thanksgiving last year. Hospitalized for 5 days and was septic. Thank The Lord that He saw fit to heal her at that time. The doctors say it's time for a kidney transplant. I am the 1st one to volunteer and we have several others right behind me to see if I can give up my kidney for her. I have passed all the tests thus far. I have a full evaluation May 21st. The second donor goes for eval on May 28th. We will have a date set by mid June.

The transplant procedure costs over 500K. We have a goal to raise 40k through an non-profit organization called COTA (Children's Organ Transplant Association) All donations are 100% tax deductible. They have also set up a webpage for my little girl. You ODT community members are free to go check out her page.
www.cotaforfaithm.com
There will be all kinds of fundraising efforts to help her financially. Her meds, after insurance, will cost about 7-8k a year for the rest of her life. Praise The Lord that He gives us spare kidneys to be able to donate to those in need. I appreciate you allowing me a chance to speak up. We update her webpage as often as we can. Thank you for your prayers and support.

Sincerely,
Scott (shootin4fun)
Matthew 18:19,20

Ps If I happen to be the donor, I will be out of work for 6-8 weeks for recovery. My company supports me and my family wholeheartedly but funds will be short for me as well. I'm trying for a short term disability but haven't heard anything yet. God is my provider.

Your daughter and family are in my prayers! I will post this on my band The Van Lears Facebook page and get it out to as many of the companies I work with as possible. God Bless you buddy!

I may have missed the updated thread but How are you guys doing

I haven't really done an updated thread. Just PMing a few guys. But just to let you know that we are doing well. Faith has had a couple of bad virus's that she had to deal with. Being due is on immunity suppression meds so her body doesn't fight the kidney, she has developed some virus. The meds are being adjusted daily to help with that. I've been back at work this week and put on some serious light duty. My company has been great about allowing me to come back and do office work and some consulting work for them. I have a level 1 certification for thermal imaging class this week that they paid for. Huge blessing right there:) Faith has started back to school on time and has lots of new found energy with her healthy kidney. She goes to clinic two times a week for blood work and labs for the next several months. We are chugging right along.

Faith will need a second surgery to remove her old kidneys because they will eventually damage the good one. It will be around of after Christmas. ODT has been great! Thanks for asking. Y'all have a great week!

Scott

Back
Top Bottom