• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My first Deer!

Nice shot,it means everything when you go to butcher it. Shot placement is everything when it comes to hunting for a meal.

Wow. I have never seen a deer commit suicide like that before. ;)

Looks like a nice size doe. I'm guessing brunswick stew with deer coming soon in your future?

Congratulations. Looks tasty. If you're just starting out I'll give you a tip. It's that time of year that when multiple ladies show up a big boy is usually right behind them waiting to make sure the coast is clear. He's gonna be a lot less cautious than normal.
Your heart is gonna be beating like crazy but if you show a little patience I see a new large bone gun rack in your future :)

Congratulations. Looks tasty. If you're just starting out I'll give you a tip. It's that time of year that when multiple ladies show up a big boy is usually right behind them waiting to make sure the coast is clear. He's gonna be a lot less cautious than normal.
Your heart is gonna be beating like crazy but if you show a little patience I see a new large bone gun rack in your future :)

Thanks, I was thinking that, but they walked into the field pretty slow and after 5-10 minutes or so, nothing else. The other guys hunting our land have seen more bucks in the evening than they have in the morning, Im going down Thursday, and will probably see what i can find in the evening.

Back
Top Bottom