• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My Freefall earned its keep today

Hasselhoss

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
168   0
Reaction score
I've been carrying my Kershaw Freefall for about a month now. During that time I have used it for everything from killing a chicken to cutting baling straps and setting snares. Today it was in my pocket while I was helping a buddy put a new roof on his boathouse. At some point in the day someone asked for a knife to open another square of shingles and I tossed them mine. A few hours later I hear someone on the backside of the roof yell out "who's got that knife we were using over here?" I figured out real quick that it was my knife they were talking about and that they were using it to cut and trim tar paper and shingles. For hours my Kershaw was the only knife 3 guys were using to cut architectural shingles and tar paper. I expected the worst when I finally found it but was pleasantly surprised to see that, after a few minutes with a Clorox wipe and a few swipes with the Lanskey, she was no worse for wear.

I am extremely impressed with the durability of this low cost knife and cannot say enough about its versatility. I will definitely buy a few more for the farm.

tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_15_02_07_a8f9f7b9df2fc0bc1c40da5f79fb2cac.jpg

The Kershaw Oso Sweet is another good, cheap blade. I don't know if they can be found cheaper anywhere, but Cabela's had them for $29.99. I've been pretty impressed with how well it's held its edge. It's still almost razor sharp after skinning 2 deer this season.

I dont think I will ever own anything but Kershaws when it comes to pocket knives. If they made an OTF and gave it a reasonable price I would be in heaven.

Back
Top Bottom