• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My kids scooter called out too me "you are still young enough to ride me come on give me a try"

Just follow the RIEAP acronym and you’ll be fine.

Rest, ice, elevation, advil, and Pbr.

And be grateful you didn’t break a wrist.

Actually, my wife asked me why I didn't reach out with my hand to break my fall. My mind was fast enough to say tuck your arm in and don't reach out.

So I picked this up for my 14yr old daughter to play with and last week I had no adult supervision and saw it standing next to my shed calling my name "come stand on me dumba## you know you want to give me a try". My kids were not around and my wife wasn't there to stop me with a pearl of wisdom, so off I go. I am 53yrs 6'2" 240 and I was getting the hang of it and in a fast forward motion when I tried to turn and the front tire lodged against the plastic platform and the scooter came to an abrupt stop and so did I. The scooter shot out from under me and I hit the concrete with about 4G's of force slamming my left side and left knee into the cement. My wife runs over and asks if I am okay do I need to call an ambulance? I am laying there writhing in pain and telling her to just give me about 15 minutes and let me lay here. Glad my daughter didn't come out as she just would have said "are you bleeding? no, well then get up". She might have heard that from me maybe a time or two. I sucked it up for two days and couldn't take it any more. Doc did X-rays and took blood. X-rays were to check for broken or cracked ribs and blood was to check for internal bleeding (yeah I hit that hard). No cracked or broken ribs and no internal bleeding. Now I have discovered the knee I hit has a numb feeling on one side and if something touches that spot it feels like you placed a blow torch against my skin and causes instant unbearable pain. Going back to the doc tomorrow for the knee. Chest still hurts like hell and probably will for a few months.

This scooter is a death trap! Free to good home just come pick it up.

Pulse "Sidewalk Shredder Green" Slither Drift Scooter

View attachment 1916618
Try again. The second time is always successful.LOLSo they say the older we get ,the smarter we get!

Found one of those high dollar scooters at a yard sale, asked the guy how much, and was told if I rode it down his driveway I "could have it for free", well I'm only 71 years old soooooo I jumped on that thing and not only rode it down but back up the drive..........Free scooter for the grand kids and standing ovation from the crowd.....

Wife didn't speak to me for three days......................

Back
Top Bottom