• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

My latest little project...

Do you build these professionally or is this a hobby gone horribly right :)

Just for hobby. I'm the admin for www.steelsoldiers.com a MV forum. But I guess this is sort of a sideline as I tend to flip them and move onto another project. I think this truck is my 10th or 11th vehicle. (Not counting all the trailers, cranes, and other milsurp stuff I've tinkered with)

I am looking for a set of CUCV axles to put under my ol' 79 cj7. Those things have went through the roof and not as affordable anymore. Got any good leads?

The absolute junk that rarely comes out on auctions, doesn't run and fetches $2500+ for a carcass. The days of 1 ton CUCV's at less than a grand are years gone. I know where plenty of axles are. But you'll spend a bit for them.

If you've ever wanted a MV, we're nearing the end of the stretch for them. Most of the M35A2's and variants are gone from the inventory. As well as most of the older 5 tons. 939 series trucks are being dumped now. After that, it'll be FMTV's if they start dumping them. The HMMWVs will NEVER be sold, plain and simple. All the MRAP and armored variants will be destroyed and not sold. Unless the military decides to go back to non-armored vehicles, there won't be much of anything else coming out.

That is exactly what I am seeing now too. That is an awesome looking project you are constructing though. I am only looking for the axles that makes it a little easier. Keep us updated!

Last edited:
That is exactly what I am seeing now too. That is an awesome looking project you are constructing though. I am only looking for the axles that makes it a little easier. Keep us updated!

Honestly, it's a little more work, but have you considered a set of 2.5T rockwells instead?

Back
Top Bottom