• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

My latest little project...

I still want to run the streets with it and IF I ever build for complete off-road use Rockwell's are #1 on the list! This jeep will spend weekends in the woods and M-F taking me to work. I've already got a "98 vortec and L460E transmission to go in it. I want to put a dana 300 and 1ton axles with lockers in it to make it a little more reliable. It's not a show jeep or an all out rockcrawler but reliable enough to get me there and back. I have owned alot of vehicles but the old CJ's were the most fun.

Odin update, who needs to lift two heavy truck batteries in a box when you have a wrecker? Also what better way to install a crane on a truck is with another crane! If weather allows, I'll get it strapped down tomorrow and get started on the hyd plumbing. The M543A2 DID notice the weight of that crane. I'm guessing 4 to 5 thousand pounds. The battery box will end up going onto the open section of the rack behind where the crane is sitting.

IMAG1135.jpg

IMAG1136.jpg

IMAG1137.jpg

One of these days I'll have an M35A2. I don't know where I'll park it (since it is longer than my driveway), but I will have one. I almost forgot about your forum pat. I need to go browse around over there again. It has been a while since I've sifted through the endless awesome build threads and the for sale section.

Killer build man! I can't wait to see the finished product.

One of these days I'll have an M35A2. I don't know where I'll park it (since it is longer than my driveway), but I will have one. I almost forgot about your forum pat. I need to go browse around over there again. It has been a while since I've sifted through the endless awesome build threads and the for sale section.

Killer build man! I can't wait to see the finished product.

I don't mean to strike fear, but if you're wanting a deuce, you need to get it sooner rather than later. They're already gone for the most part from the government auctions. So what'll you have to sort through are the ones privately owned now. In 10 years or less, I predict that they'll go for upwards of $10K in good shape.

Ya, I expect them to become more and more scarce. My only real reservation is that I don't know much about them. I'm mechanically inclined, but wouldn't know what to look for when buying one (issues to check for, etc.) and I probably wouldn't know how to fix it if it had problems (not to mention the tools for something that size). I also don't know anyone locally that could help me with one. I see them around my area pretty regularly, so I know there are guys near me that know about them, I just don't know the guys.

I'm losing time on this, I know, but it will probably be a while before I'll have the funds to snag one. I've got a project bike that currently has all of my attention, I'm not even buying guns and ammo because of it. Now that we are heading into colder months, and riding time is dwindling down, it is time for me to really start on the complete tear down of the bike so it is ready for next season. After that, I should be able to start putting back funds for a deuce.

Back
Top Bottom