• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

My new baby will be here tuesday.

cockatoos.jpg

My balcony where I lived before I moved to the USA.

Attachments

• cockatoo 2.jpg
    cockatoo 2.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 22
miss mine. great birds. super big personalities. one of the ones we used to have a shop I worked at always wanted to ride of folks shoulders and if you ever put him down he would start screaming at you and keep saying up and as soon as you picked him back up he would give a distinctive long laugh at you, he was an asshole but funny
Awe!! LOL

Guess that goes to show how international laws of supply and demand work, because in some areas of OZ they are a serious agricultural pest. If people feed the big ones in the suburbs, the sulphur crested cockatoos, they start turning up in numbers, up to 200 or so. The damage they can do to a house with those beaks is insane, they just start picking at everything, rip splinters of hardwood off easily.

A lot rarer, an I've never seen them as pets, red-tailed cockatoos. Big black cockatoo with a red tail. I've only ever seen them out in the bush. One of those sort of sightings that makes your day.

Guess that goes to show how international laws of supply and demand work, because in some areas of OZ they are a serious agricultural pest. If people feed the big ones in the suburbs, the sulphur crested cockatoos, they start turning up in numbers, up to 200 or so. The damage they can do to a house with those beaks is insane, they just start picking at everything, rip splinters of hardwood off easily.

A lot rarer, an I've never seen them as pets, red-tailed cockatoos. Big black cockatoo with a red tail. I've only ever seen them out in the bush. One of those sort of sightings that makes your day.
Nice!!! There are a few black ones being raised in captivity but I have never seen one for sale. So they are real pricey if I had to venture a guess. The little Goffin I have coming is a captive bread hand fed baby.

Back
Top Bottom