• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My new bug out/shtf vehicle.

ClassicBlue

Default rank <5000 posts
Friends don’t let friends buy cheap guns!
431   0
Reaction score
Decided to sell my Jeep Wrangler and go with a Toyota 4Runner for my bug out vehicle.
Already researching how I'm gonna build it. Fortunately like my Jeep, there's a million options and parts available. image.jpg

Last edited:
Decided to sell my Jeep Wrangler and go with a Toyota 4Runner for my bug out vehicle.
Already researching how I'm gonna build it. Fortunately like my Jeep, there's a million options and parts available. I've already decided on 3" of lift with 32's. View attachment 298390

Stay with 30's and no lift unless you plan on adding a little power in a bottle or super charger (not a bad idea).
Roof rack is a must..

Keep us updated on the mods and accessories you add. I've been planning for a while to buy nice stock first gen 4runner, hopefully next year.

Saw a Kia with a roof rack today. Had an old metal coleman cooler and luggage strapped on. I think it was for that certain look, not for use.

I sure would like to get one of those first generation land cruisers. The one that looked like a Jeep.

Yakima makes a great roof basket that attaches to the existing rack. Pretty sure I'm gonna go with it.

Also, don't mount a winch to the front. Install a receiver hitch to the front grill guard (which should be a no brainer) amd get a winch mount that'll fit the hitch so you can pull from either end. Buy an on board air compressor that mounts under the hood and have someone build your bumper to double as an air tank.

Back
Top Bottom