My short TN rant

swampbuck62

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
10   0
Reaction score
Dammit !!!!!

OK there is more to it then that..lol

I live in GA, but I own 80ac in TN and have owned land in TN for 10 years. The stupid state of TN as many states do require me to buy a full non-resident hunting and deer license to the tune of $251 + $21. I can buy a 7 day license which is $170 + $21..In case you are wondering what the $21 for it's a type 94 and gives me basically unlimited doe's.

I have made calls and sent emails to the DNR,State reps and even the Gov and asked why,why not a break for non-res land owners?

The standard answer is you don't pay taxes in TN ..... REALLY? and just what are property taxes then?
I also contribute 1000's of dollars a year to the local economy via hotels, food, gas, deer processing etc etc..

But it gets better.................... If my wife wants to hunt and any of our boys want to hunt we get to buy licenses for them too x3... WeeeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaw..

TN IS MAKING A LAW BREAKER OUT OF ME!!! The boys are not hunting up there this year , but the wife and I are going up for a week. I am buying ONE non-res 7 day license and she is going to sit with me in one of several buddy stands I have out when we see a deer I will hand her the rifle she will shoot it and I will tag it..

Why do we own land in TN and why didn't we do our research you ask?
We did, we thought we would be moving there. We are still looking at TN just a little closer to Nashville though. Also looking at KY where a non res license is only $180

The property is for sale BTW and in the classified section.

I would take my chances honestly. Then again, I only follow the laws I agree with, or are not too inconvenient, anyways.

Sorry for the BS greedy government you have to deal with man.

Residency requirements are BS. When looking to become a snowbird I found some states would tax you along with your state of residency for your full income. I dont recall which but it would boil down to paying full taxes on my retirement income to two different states.

I think you get the main body of my post.. It's my land I own it free and clear I pay Taxes and therefore think I should get a break on license..
The state of TN is wrong here and they are probably going to pay for it with the loss of some revenue no matter how small and insignificant it might be...

Back
Top Bottom