• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

My short TN rant

If your not buying the wifes permit I see no reason to buy yours?Might as well be a full Rebel not halfass.

if anyone from the state of TN's DNR is reading this more power to them..... In other words catch me if you can it's my land my rules...lol
. Understandable but technically the land is government property on lease. If one dies and has no heir to receive property, the said property goes back to the state, ergo gov't property on lease. Doesn't mean you have rights while owning tho.

^^^ even more technically... that land on government property for lease is stolen property from the Native Americans

Too bad we can't acquire property the way our loving gub'mint did...

I think you get the main body of my post.. It's my land I own it free and clear I pay Taxes and therefore think I should get a break on license..
The state of TN is wrong here and they are probably going to pay for it with the loss of some revenue no matter how small and insignificant it might be...
I get it very well. I own a residence out of state. I'm still not a RESIDENT. So if I hunt there (like I may next month), I pay non-resident fees. I'm not arguing the logic of it, I was simply questioning the 'logic' of posting your illegal intentions on a public forum. I personally could never take any satisfaction in illegally taken game no matter how idiotic I thought the law was. You're right though, it's "almost" guaranteed you won't get caught. YOLO. Rock on.

Next time you write one of the legislatures there you may simply want to point out that non resident land owners in TN pay the EXACT SAME taxes as residents. Property & sales tax (since there is no income tax). There are likely to be MORE non-resident land owner hunters if the fees were the same therefore INCREASING sales taxe revenue due to the extra time they spend in the state. They may also have more license revenue. It's a carrot - stick thing.

I

Next time you write one of the legislatures there you may simply want to point out that non resident land owners in TN pay the EXACT SAME taxes as residents. Property & sales tax (since there is no income tax). There are likely to be MORE non-resident land owner hunters if the fees were the same therefore INCREASING sales taxe revenue due to the extra time they spend in the state. They may also have more license revenue. It's a carrot - stick thing.
Did point this out , and one of the email basically mocked me and sort of round about said we really don't need you..

Did point this out , and one of the email basically mocked me and sort of round about said we really don't need you..
If it was unprofessional enough I'd sent it to the local paper. Although depending on the part of TN, they may agree! ;)
I'd like to live outside Chattanooga. But I'm living on the Georgia side.

Back
Top Bottom