• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My Write up-M&P9 vs Glock

My G21 has eaten plenty of lead reloads- I cast them and I reload them. Generally, I'll run a mag or two of FMJs through the barrel after the lead reloads. Never noticed any barrel leading.

I've got a P90 that finally got some dull spots on the barrel (lead)... they cleaned up without too much effort, but that was probably 1K rounds between cleanings. I tended to run the P90 hard and put it away wet. And it kept on ticking.

This write up isn't to say one pistol is better than the other, or to create an argument for S&W and Glock fanboys. This if for those that may be trying to decide between the two or looking for a first handgun, so I'll adress each and every aspect of both pistols that I can..

I could go on and on about both pistols, but this write up has really gone on long enough. I will say that the controls of the m&p are a little more easily manipulated, but it's really not worth going into detail about.

For those that may be trying to decide between the two, I hope I gave both a fair review and can assist.

Fantastic, unbiased write up. How about declaring a winner to each point and an overall winner. It would be your opinion of course, but I respect your opinion, it's based on experience. Thanks very much for sharing. Certainly better than a gun magazine article trying to make all advertisers happy. Well done.

Fantastic, unbiased write up. How about declaring a winner to each point and an overall winner. It would be your opinion of course, but I respect your opinion, it's based on experience. Thanks very much for sharing. Certainly better than a gun magazine article trying to make all advertisers happy. Well done.

The glock does have a distinct advantage in magazines, aftermarket availability, factory sights, and track record, where the m&p wins in the areas of ergonomics, ease of controls, and to me the way the trigger breaks. If I had to pick one, it'd be my m&p as that's what I've gone to over glocks for a few reasons, but the m&p is still earning my trust, where the glock has already earned my trust and I shot very well with it both on the range and in my course. Cost and availability, combined with the fact that I can better grip the m&p especially weak handed is the only reason I switched. Whichever pistol you get there's going to be things that could be improved upon but I have equal love for both pistols.

Man, that's a lot of reading. I'll admit, I haven't finished yet. The one thing I have to disagree with you on is the sights. Stock Glock sights SUCK and so do the Smiths. For different reasons, of course. Thankfully, they are both easily replaced. ;-)

Good write up. One minor correction to point # 2. There are 3 models in the M&P line, not 2: Full size, compact (C models) and subcompact (Shield).

Back
Top Bottom