• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My yard is screwed and I need some help!!!!

I've got a few small spots in my yard that we're sinking in. I dug down and found the remains of old tree stumps that were never removed after the trees were cut down and they've just rotted away.

The cost to dig it up is a huge unknown. This is the only way to 100% guarantee a permanent solution. Spending thousands to just bring in the dirt and lay sod is a gamble. It may fix it, it might not. I do this type of work and have seen trash piles dug up larger than the property the job sat on. You get started having it removed to find the trash pile extends to the neighbors property. It could also be a compromised storm drainage line. Think long and hard before you start throwing money at it.

The cost to dig it up is a huge unknown. This is the only way to 100% guarantee a permanent solution. Spending thousands to just bring in the dirt and lay sod is a gamble. It may fix it, it might not. I do this type of work and have seen trash piles dug up larger than the property the job sat on. You get started having it removed to find the trash pile extends to the neighbors property. It could also be a compromised storm drainage line. Think long and hard before you start throwing money at it.
I had a dumptruck load put on it about 6 years ago, I did not have the means to compact the dirt (other than me driving my truck over it a few times) so the two feet it has dropped is due to the soil settling (I'm hoping). The whole thing is only about 15 to 20' across and it has not all fallen the same amount, it ranges from around a 6" drop to 2 feet. The sinkhole straddles my yard and my neighbors yard right on a landscape wall, I am not going to repair the wall this time, I am merely going to build up my side of this time. I doubt I am going to dig up the sinkhole to the bottom, I will most likely just put dirt on it again and resod....

Back
Top Bottom