• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My YouTube channel

I can say one thing that hooks me on videos is technical detail. I don't really have an interest in MREs, but, steve1989's videos are filled with a lot of minutiae and it keeps them interesting. Even if it's a video about an 85 year old rusted tin of ham. Just my two cents.

I watch a lot of YouTube Since we don’t have (because we don’t want) tv. what I watch seems to fall into several categories, alternative financial, end of the world crap, winter survival videos, how to fix stuff videos And some cooking shows. Since fishing isn’t something I generally watch I am going to keep my comme mostly related to the structure of the videos. Keep in mind that some of what I comment will involve personal preference.
First of all, thanks for not putting hooters in your thumbnails.
I don’t give new channels a lot of chance so something has to grab me fast. If someone tells me on a fishing video that they are getting skunked on the video and the first 3-4 minutes shows a fast forward of getting the boat ready I’m moving on. There either needs to be some of the best content you have in the first 30 seconds, even if it’s only a shameless tease that gets paid off later. I tend to be much more frequent on channels where the character is engaging, even if not my favorite subject matter I will often watch if the presenter makes good eye/camera contact, is witty, knowledgeable and highly skilled. Build excitement, interest, build the audience towards seeing a conclusion to something. Show your failures but make sure 80% of what you do is successful, nobody wants to just watch someone screw up all the time, it’s painful. On fishing videos you need to catch fish. alienating potential down the road sponsors such as your battery charger vendor isn’t the best business strategy, just say you had a problem and their customer service was amazing in addressing it.
best of luck.
Thanks for the in-depth review I know I need to work on a lot of it it's hard to catch fish when learning the camera camera angles and all the other stuff that goes with it batteries this is literally my first try and my first try at editing since Windows movie Maker back on Windows XP but you are right about the Minn kota thing for sure I didn't even think about something like that and I'm going to keep making them hopefully they get better

Thanks for the in-depth review I know I need to work on a lot of it it's hard to catch fish when learning the camera camera angles and all the other stuff that goes with it batteries this is literally my first try and my first try at editing since Windows movie Maker back on Windows XP but you are right about the Minn kota thing for sure I didn't even think about something like that and I'm going to keep making them hopefully they get better

Practice makes perfect. You are putting yourself out there when many would not but they’ll be fast to critique so having thick skin is a must. Keep going and improving yourself and equipment as your learning :thumb:

I have posted a few YouTube videos to make sharing content easier between friends and family (as opposed to texting 15 minute videos). I am in no way looking for a fan base so view count is pointless to me, but I can tell you just from what I have seen, short and sweet will get you WAY more views than long and/or redundant content. A lot of my first videos showed an entire catch, consisting of 10-15 minutes of me reeling in line...pretty boring. Now, I usually just post the last few minutes that highlight the catch. It's still hit or miss on what people click on, that thumbnail is pretty important. Good luck with the channel

Back
Top Bottom