Myths about the dangers of ammunition. Shot, dropped, crushed and burned. No Danger!

Physics! It's like momentum. What amazes me is when you fired off each round that wasn't supported by anything but the primer end. I never knew a barrel could move the bullet for higher velocity. I guess the end being supported and barrel to hold all the explosion pressure and direct it out one end. Longer barrel, more explosion pressure to own.

Last edited:
i'm not sure what the unpackaged bonfire was supposed to prove. Obviously there would be less projectiles because of the mesh cage. Were they trying to disprove the misconception that unboxed ammo would burn hotter/faster than boxed? I don't get it.

I think what a lot of people believe is that a bullet that's heated in a fire will go as fast as a bullet fired from a barrel, and unfortunately that's not the case. When the powder does go off in a fire, gas has the ability to move In all different directions, not just propelling the slug. Even then, the casing is lighter than the bullet so the bullet will move a foot or so and the casing is going to go for a ride, but not near lethal velocities.

Back
Top Bottom