• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

N GA Clay Ranges/Clubs

calebp

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
231   0
Reaction score
Hey Folks,

Kicking around joining a local club to do more sporting clay and skeet shooting. I'm located near Cabelas in Acworth. I know Garland burned down a little bit ago and they are still several months off being operational. Etowah Valley is nice but at about an hour each way, kind of a haul. Never shot the muni course off Camp Creek but may give that a shot in the next weekend or two. Any other semi close places to go bust some clays?

There's River Bend, but you'd need to become a member - and it's probably only a bit further away than Garland Mountain. I'm not a shotgun guy, but the impression I get is that the facilities are great.

Garland Mountain’s ranges are fully operational.

“In the early hours of Thursday, November 3rd, Garland Mountain’s lodge burnt to the ground. The cause of the fire is currently unknown.

We want to convey our heartfelt appreciation to the countless individuals who have extended their support and comfort during this challenging period. It means a great deal to receive such kind words of comfort and encouragement from our friends and the community.

Though the lodge is lost, the rest of the property remains untouched. Our courses are fully operational, and we are aiming to establish a temporary structure soon to continue our sporting clays activities.

While the road ahead is sure to be full of challenges, we are committed to rebuilding and emerging stronger and better than ever.

Warm regards,

Jack and the Garland team”

I could be mistaken, but as I understand it, the courses at Garland are operational, but they're not operating them currently. They don't have the card loading system up and running yet. I shot there very regularly prior to the fire, and I'm looking forward to them getting back to business. Etowah Valley is a decent range. My only issue there is that they never change the targets. Once you've shot each course, they're always the same. I want to give Barnsley a shot.

Hey guys, bumping this as Garland still isn't back open. Looking for the physically closest sporting clays spot to the cabelas in Acworth. Any suggestions? Etowah valley is like and hour and 20 minute drive and trying to shoot more often than a 3 hour round trip allows.

Garland Mountain’s ranges are fully operational.

“In the early hours of Thursday, November 3rd, Garland Mountain’s lodge burnt to the ground. The cause of the fire is currently unknown.

We want to convey our heartfelt appreciation to the countless individuals who have extended their support and comfort during this challenging period. It means a great deal to receive such kind words of comfort and encouragement from our friends and the community.

Though the lodge is lost, the rest of the property remains untouched. Our courses are fully operational, and we are aiming to establish a temporary structure soon to continue our sporting clays activities.

While the road ahead is sure to be full of challenges, we are committed to rebuilding and emerging stronger and better than ever.

Warm regards,

Jack and the Garland team”
I just checked on Monday. Says they are closed til further notice.

I shot at Barnsley this past Tuesday. It is now called Springbank Shooting Complex (resort, grounds or whatever).
Very nice and reasonably priced. Please be aware that they do not take cash, card only.
Located between Kingston and Adairsville on Hall Station Rd.
I shot sporting clays, do not know what else they offer. I think I saw a five stand course.

Back
Top Bottom