• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Name A Surprising Food You’ve Never Tried

I have always wanted to try frog legs for some reason….
Frog gigging is one of my favorite things to do/hunt…It’s one of the highlights of warm weather for me. So much fun. Frog legs are very good.

Not much I haven’t tried or won’t try. The OP’s list seems like common foods that I mostly enjoy.

Turtle soup, alligator, rattlesnake, octopus, sushi, and many others I will eat, and thoroughly enjoy.

No bugs. Not willingly. Sorry.

No chitlins.

I have eaten earthworms. When I was a kid it was part of our neighborhood ninja club training. Cut them open all the way down, rip all the inside crap out, wash the skin in the creek, devour…

No brains, balls, or intestines…Not willingly, anyway. If I have eaten them I did not know it. I would if I were starving, and gladly.

I've eaten a lot of the stuff on here, most of it. Balut and Rocky Mountain oysters are the only things that are for sure a "no" for me.

ETA - I would not eat silk worm larva either. Among Korean food, that's got to be the nastiest thing I've seen.

Frog gigging is one of my favorite things to do/hunt…It’s one of the highlights of warm weather for me. So much fun. Frog legs are very good.

Not much I haven’t tried or won’t try. The OP’s list seems like common foods that I mostly enjoy.

Turtle soup, alligator, rattlesnake, octopus, sushi, and many others I will eat, and thoroughly enjoy.

No chitlins.

I have eaten earthworms. When I was a kid it was part of our neighborhood ninja club training. Cut them open all the way down, rip all the inside crap out, wash the skin in the creek, devour…

No brains, balls, or intestines…Not willingly, anyway. If I have eaten them I did not know it. I would if I were starving, and gladly.
Growing up frog giggin- lots of fun out with friend at night, then some great eating. Good redneck living! And for those who don't know, wild frog legs are much better than farm raised IMO.

Can'
Absolutely true. That's what has happened with chicken wings and pork belly. Korean BBQ places have caused the price of pork belly to skyrocket. I love it myself. If anyone hasn't tried Korean BBQ you're missing a treat. Some good soju and grilled meat...yum!
Pork belly is my go to at korean bbq, can't get enough. Rookies order steak until they try it, there's so much flavor. Best pork belly I've had was on the miracle mile, I still think about flying out just to get some.
I try and do ox tail every other month. Last time I let my wife cook it and she put it in the air fryer.
If you guys like aged beef, try doing a 3 to 5 day koji age. Gets funky fast.

I think a lot of food is genetically programed. Most Asians are lactose intolerant. Their ancestors didn't do dairy so it's not part of their make-up. If you look at obesity rates among different groups it's only when their traditional diets change that obesity rates skyrocket. Asians eat tons of carbs (rice and noodles) yet are by and large slender. Same with Italians and pasta, Germans and pork, etc. Check into your own genetics. Eat what your ancestors ate. It makes a difference. At least it did to me.

No chitlins.

I have had the alligator and rattlesnake….liked them both ! I have never had duck . Always wanted to try it, have been told by numerous folks it’s good.

Reactions: MRH
Back
Top Bottom