• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Name This Snake!

How about this one? Kinda looks like a copperhead but I don’t think it was. Dekays Brown maybe?
C40A8F63-E014-4D48-95CE-B54D0044D5E5.png

How about this one? Kinda looks like a copperhead but I don’t think it was. Dekays Brown maybe?View attachment 1363127

Definitely NOT a copperhead.

Looks like a corn snake. They come in all kinds of different colors but the pattern looks right. If you could see the underside, it should be checkered.

Pictures-of-Corn-Snakes.jpg

Definitely NOT a copperhead.

Looks like a corn snake. They come in all kinds of different colors but the pattern looks right. If you could see the underside, it should be checkered.

View attachment 1363134

Most of the checkering will be close to black and white but sometimes it will be lighter colored, kinda tan or yellow but then the body color would be lighter as well. Tons of variants among any type snake.

20171023_120137.jpg
20171023_120136.jpg

Considering that there are only 5 venomous snakes in Georgia this snake is harmless. Rat snake or also called chicken snake (eats chicken eggs). Just caught a 5' yellow rat snake/chicken snake in my hen house. I picked her up and she had eaten an egg and then tried to puke it on me when I lifted her up.

Venomous
Pygmy rattlesnake
Timber/Canebrake rattlesnake
Copperhead
Cotton Mouth
Coral Snake

The rest are harmless and good to have around.

Considering that there are only 5 venomous snakes in Georgia this snake is harmless. Rat snake or also called chicken snake (eats chicken eggs). Just caught a 5' yellow rat snake/chicken snake in my hen house. I picked her up and she had eaten an egg and then tried to puke it on me when I lifted her up.

Venomous
Pygmy rattlesnake
Timber/Canebrake rattlesnake
Copperhead
Cotton Mouth
Coral Snake

The rest are harmless and good to have around.

I wish people would learn this.

Back
Top Bottom