• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NAPA

jeffdt

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
25   0
Reaction score
NAPA has done the right thing. I had emailed NAPA last week urging them to drop Michael Waltrip or I would drop NAPA. I realize my email would have little impact on NAPA in the singular but hoped it would be a voice among many. I salute NAPA's decision.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/napa-leaving-waltrip-richmond-scandal-20304555

michael-waltrip.jpg

You never know. Try sending an email to Obama suggesting he resign. Please

Hilarious! If only.........

On a side note, good friend of mine works for General Parts/NAPA and he said it was no question at all once news broke of the shenanigans, that they dropped their sponsorship almost immediately. I salute NAPA as well. Commendable on their part rather than turning a blind eye.

And I can guarantee that NAPA's phone lines are burning up with teams wanting their sponsorship dollars. Mikey really messed up with what he and his team did.

Don't be surprised to see Truex driving for one of the other top teams next year with NAPA sponsorship since he is still tied to their $$.

Yes and no....A lot of folks knew Napa,but Mikey just about made them a household name.MWR was in the wrong,but Napa didn't make MWR.On the other hand all the korny commercials with Mikey and his drivers over the years made Napa even more well known to the average Joe.I'm sure Mikey will miss those checks,but his race team is making great strides,so he will land another big sponser soon I'm sure.

Yes and no....A lot of folks knew Napa,but Mikey just about made them a household name.MWR was in the wrong,but Napa didn't make MWR.On the other hand all the korny commercials with Mikey and his drivers over the years made Napa even more well known to the average Joe.I'm sure Mikey will miss those checks,but his race team is making great strides,so he will land another big sponser soon I'm sure.

I doubt it very highly. A reputation is a b&*^% to rebuild after it's lost. And remember, this wasn't the first time He's been caught. Would you wan't your good name associated with MWR? I can see Five Hour Energy pulling out as well. After all. it was Boyer that screwed the pooch.

Back
Top Bottom