• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NAPA

I doubt it very highly. A reputation is a b&*^% to rebuild after it's lost. And remember, this wasn't the first time He's been caught. Would you wan't your good name associated with MWR? I can see Five Hour Energy pulling out as well. After all. it was Boyer that screwed the pooch.
Very possibile indeed,but if I needed a starter or battery I wouldn't not go to Napa because of MWR..Besides Nascar is on decline big time and only a few folks will even remember this in a month or less.

You may get more than you wish. NAPA may well pull out of NASCAR. Lots of $$$ lost if they do. Tell me the rule MWR broke? No proof Clint Boyer spun on purpose and any driver can go to Pit Road whenever they want (unless the pits are closed). Every driver tries to "alter the outcome of the race" every second with their right foot and steering wheel. Start-N-Park guys have been altering the race for years and teams have allowed team-mates to pass/lead for points since the beginning of teams. I agree with fslc94, Mikey has done a lot to build name recognition for NAPA over the years. Even if you think MWR was in the wrong, they were trying to get Truex and NAPA in the chase. Apparently the $300k fine and forcing Truex/NAPA out of the chase was not enough... Mikey has never been under Federal Indictment like one owner and his team has not found as near many ways to be reviewed by NASCAR as Chad Knaus. I hope MWR survives this and continues to be on the track. The CUP series is having hard enough time finding 43 quality cars to put on the track, we don't need to lose 3 more, unless you like the start-n-park guys because that's who will most likely take their slots...

NAPA has done the right thing. I had emailed NAPA last week urging them to drop Michael Waltrip or I would drop NAPA. I realize my email would have little impact on NAPA in the singular but hoped it would be a voice among many. I salute NAPA's decision.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/napa-leaving-waltrip-richmond-scandal-20304555

View attachment 226649

You may get more than you wish. NAPA may well pull out of NASCAR. Lots of $$$ lost if they do. Tell me the rule MWR broke? No proof Clint Boyer spun on purpose and any driver can go to Pit Road whenever they want (unless the pits are closed). Every driver tries to "alter the outcome of the race" every second with their right foot and steering wheel. Start-N-Park guys have been altering the race for years and teams have allowed team-mates to pass/lead for points since the beginning of teams. I agree with fslc94, Mikey has done a lot to build name recognition for NAPA over the years. Even if you think MWR was in the wrong, they were trying to get Truex and NAPA in the chase. Apparently the $300k fine and forcing Truex/NAPA out of the chase was not enough... Mikey has never been under Federal Indictment like one owner and his team has not found as near many ways to be reviewed by NASCAR as Chad Knaus. I hope MWR survives this and continues to be on the track. The CUP series is having hard enough time finding 43 quality cars to put on the track, we don't need to lose 3 more, unless you like the start-n-park guys because that's who will most likely take their slots...

Very well said!! They all do it don't they in some way or another.Mike Helton has just about destroyed Nascar IMO.

Tell me the rule MWR broke? No proof Clint Boyer spun on purpose and any driver can go to Pit Road whenever they want (unless the pits are closed). Every driver tries to "alter the outcome of the race" every second with their right foot and steering wheel. Start-N-Park guys have been altering the race for years....

Actions detrimental. That's the catch-all rule and that's why they were penalized.

Start and park cars do not alter the outcome of a race!. Lol. I have no idea how you arrived at that conclusion.

Bowyer's spin took a race win from Newman, and benefitted his MWR teammate. That tells the story. Period.

People complain that there is no integrity nowadays. NAPA and NASCAR shows some and gets crucified for it. Wow.

Each Finish Position gets points. If there are 5 Start-N-Park, each goes 5 laps and "overheats", or "brake failure" or whatever that means the worse anyone else can finish is 38, so that alters the race. As for Boyer's Spin, no Guarantee Newman would have won... so to say Boyer took "a race win from Newman" can not be proven, no matter how you look at it. No-where did I say anything about NAPA's decision so, not crucified by me...

Actions detrimental. That's the catch-all rule and that's why they were penalized. S

Start and park cars do not alter the outcome of a race!. Lol. I have no idea how you arrived at that conclusion.

Bowyer's spin took a race win from Newman, and benefitted his MWR teammate. That tells the story. Period.

People complain that there is no integrity nowadays. NAPA shows some and gets crucified for it. Wow.

Start and parks have nothing to do with the final outcome of who makes it into the Chase and who doesn't.

If NASCAR really felt there was not an intentional spin, they wouldn't have fined MWR such a huge amount of money. Period.

The Fine was not for the Spin, it was for the Pit Stop... Considering NAPA had 2 more years with MWR, in the end the pit stop cost MWR at least $36,300,000. (a few dollars more than I keep in my checking account at any given time). People keep focusing on the spin to alter the race, it was the point Truex gained from the 55's Pit Stop that NASCAR issued the fine for, that altered the race. There were a lot of "1 point to alter the race" during the season with "allowed" lead changes...

The only "good" about this is people like you and I are obviously passionate about NASCAR and we can have a friendly discussion. It's time to put this behind us and get back to racing, with the hope that no highly competitive team is forced to leave the sport...

Back
Top Bottom