• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Nattokinase for lowering blood pressure

I'm interested in this as well. I've been taking Lisinopril for a few years with negligible results. My doctor just upped my dose by 10 milligrams. The biggest problem for me is that it makes me extremely dizzy whenever I exert myself. I would love to find and alternative.

I'm interested in this as well. I've been taking Lisinopril for a few years with negligible results. My doctor just upped my dose by 10 milligrams. The biggest problem for me is that it makes me extremely dizzy whenever I exert myself. I would love to find and alternative.

I have the same reaction to too much Lisinopril, but it does control my blood pressure.

If you try the Nattokinase, be careful with the combo. The potential to make you dizzy because your BP gets too low is very much there. I stopped the Lisinopril the day I started the Nattokinase, monitoring my BP all along the way.

Wanted to follow up on the comment I made about my right hand swelling. No change once I went back to my normal BP med. I think I've got the early stages of arthritis in my right hand: First and second knuckles of my middle finger.

I do a light duty version of Keto, very little sugar and reduced carbs, maybe 50 grams of carbs a day. So for the last five days, I've gone back to fairly hard Keto, cutting my carb intake to about 20 grams a day. It's already helping with the arthritis.

I have the same reaction to too much Lisinopril, but it does control my blood pressure.

If you try the Nattokinase, be careful with the combo. The potential to make you dizzy because your BP gets too low is very much there. I stopped the Lisinopril the day I started the Nattokinase, monitoring my BP all along the way.
You might want to listen to Barbara. This is how I was able to come off my Lisinopril.

About 11 days in, and BP has remained in roughly the same range as while on the prescription.

Coinciding with this, I've developed some mild swelling and pain on the back of my right hand and middle finger. Going to switch back to the prescription and see if there is any involvement between the change and the hand swelling. It's entirely possible the HCTZ in the prescription was reducing body fluid enough for that symptom to not manifest. Or, I may just be getting old and developing arthritis. Or I may have whacked my hand and not remember that I did.

Anyway, my take on this is, at a minimum: Nattokinase is a good SHTF stocking item for me. I can control my BP with it, without needing a prescription. That's a welcome tool for the toolbox.
don't worry about arthritis, it's rigor mortis you have to watch out for

So, Cardiologist started me on Praluent about 6 months ago, my cholesterol was persistently high even on meds.

Within 3 weeks I was down to a 29 on cholesterol from 220ish. BP was 130/90 on good days with the Lisinopril/HT cocktail, after Praluent it is almost never above 120/70.

Doc did a test and found out I am missing an enzyme that removes cholesterol from the body. Affects about 15% of Northern European descendants.

Lisinopril almost killed me a few years ago. Had walking pneumonia for a year.
I found out it was Brazilian snake venom. I don’t take it anymore.
One of the most intelligent guys I ever worked with took the snake venom. Been on it for years and probably still is (now retired). He coughed on a regular basis every single day and jokingly blamed it on the med. I could never for the life of me understand how someone so smart would allow themselves to be willingly prescribed a poison, pay for it, ingest it and then joke about its side effects. More than likely, simply eating correctly would have remedied his b/p along with other ailments. But doctor knows best right?

Back
Top Bottom