• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NCAA players to get paid an have agents

Cali being Cali. IF the athletes get paid then they should not get free rides and all. My opinion, one or the other. Free education and boarding etc... or get paid and pay your way.

It's not really a free ride if they are playing ball for the school, they are working giving the school their talent on the field so the school in return educates them. So who cares if they sell their own signed jerseys on eBay, or do a commercial?

It's not really a free ride if they are playing ball for the school, they are working giving the school their talent on the field so the school in return educates them. So who cares if they sell their own signed jerseys on eBay, or do a commercial?

Free market unless you are in college then it's "they get an edumucation". I doubt Georgia gave Chubb as much as he gave them. Nick Saban gets 9 million a year but his players will get suspended if they sell a jersey so they can make a car payment. Makes perfect sense.

Free market unless you are in college then it's "they get an edumucation". I doubt Georgia gave Chubb as much as he gave them. Nick Saban gets 9 million a year but his players will get suspended if they sell a jersey so they can make a car payment. Makes perfect sense.

It's crazy the amount of money top athletes make their colleges, then they go to the NFL where there are salary caps restricting what they make, and people have the nerve to say they're overpaid. They are quite literally underpaid. Yeah I said it, that multi million dollar professional athlete everyone loves to hate is underpaid.

It's crazy the amount of money top athletes make their colleges, then they go to the NFL where there are salary caps restricting what they make, and people have the nerve to say they're overpaid. They are quite literally underpaid. Yeah I said it, that multi million dollar professional athlete everyone loves to hate is underpaid.

Now you did it!

Don’t forget those contracts that aren’t really contracts.

You really need it explained? Typical California victim mentality. These kids that play College athletics at a high level are not taken advantage of. They live like Kings. Ever see the athletic student activity center or their cafeteria? It's luxurious compared to the standard basic students facilities who have earned their way on campus by grades and/or student loans. These kids get a full ride and have the chance to earn a degree and a few might make a career out of it. But the sad argument that they are some sort of modern day slaves working on the college plantation is obscene and absurd. This will ruin the sport if allowed to spread. I hope it doesn't grow outside of that social petri dish of a state.

You really need it explained? Typical California victim mentality. These kids that play College athletics at a high level are not taken advantage of. They live like Kings. Ever see the athletic student activity center or their cafeteria? It's luxurious compared to the standard basic students facilities who have earned their way on campus by grades and/or student loans. These kids get a full ride and have the chance to earn a degree and a few might make a career out of it. But the sad argument that they are some sort of modern day slaves working on the college plantation is obscene and absurd. This will ruin the sport if allowed to spread. I hope it doesn't grow outside of that social petri dish of a state.

They are. Many make millions while they get fed and a degree that means **** handed to them. What ruined college sports was turning it into a business making billions and paying everyone except the athletes.

Back
Top Bottom