NE Camping/Survival group

Status
Not open for further replies.

willr1

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
33   0
Reaction score
Anyone here want to meet up and do a survival group camping or get together ? Would like to meet some other like minded brothers/sisters and trade tips, techniques and practice what we preach. I was thinking on someone's land or park where we can do a hike, fish and have a cool bonfire if we stay overnight.

Camping is cheap or free. Bring a skill - I'm sure someone will pitch in food/drink/fees for learning a new skill.

I'm not sure about staying overnight. But if you've got a specific skill or discussion on the agenda (i.e., food storage, orienteering, communications, reloading, etc.) I might be interested.

I would love to get another "Try Out Your BOB" camping trip together, it was a good time last time and really helped me figure out what I needed and didn't need in my get home bag.

I would love too, but having no job means no money, so for now I can,t do anything.

dont matter bout money, you can meet up/carpool or drive up there. Bring whatcha got to camp or hike. I would like to get a group of us together, go into the woods and then practice shelter building, fire starting, food/water procurement and while we are doing that, we can share on how to go about dehydrating food, etc. I teach a survival course and do most of this on a small scale, but would like to get others together and expierence nature and prepare for the zombies

Do you have a location in mind?

Vanguard,

If I participate, you got a ride for sure and some gear that I don't use anymore. No strings.

Wheeler

I like the campsite/park off of Hw129 and Turners Corner in Cleveland Ga, think it is part of the Chatahoochee, but it is beautiful with plenty of parking and campsites. My uncled used to own that whole area until he died, Lowell Dunn and the road is named after him, but I dont know the name of the park, its just off a gravel road down past White Co High School. Or we can do Ft. Yargo or something. Im sure somebody on here has some hunting land we could use

I like the campsite/park off of Hw129 and Turners Corner in Cleveland Ga, think it is part of the Chatahoochee, but it is beautiful with plenty of parking and campsites. My uncled used to own that whole area until he died, Lowell Dunn and the road is named after him, but I dont know the name of the park, its just off a gravel road down past White Co High School. Or we can do Ft. Yargo or something. Im sure somebody on here has some hunting land we could use

Yargo might be a good starting point, relatively close and has a primitive camping area. It might be worth a quick drive-by ad a talk with the park staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom