• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NE Camping/Survival group

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would stay at Yargo cause these things have a tendency to fall apart at crunch time.Like John says pick a date and place and carve it in stone,hear to much BS when it comes time to show up.If it works out you will find a core group who will put it together for a N Ga campout.Just to much wishy washy stuff with folks.Will I told you I would play if its b4 Oct 15th and I will stick to that.Let us know,overnite so I will need a bottle of water and a snickers bar I guess.LOL

If yall are doing an overnight camping trip you need to check out the Bartram Trail. It's free and has pretty convenient entry points all along the eastern side of GA from Blue Ridge to Savannah. I went with a group of my friends outside Clayton, GA over Memorial Day weekend and did 20 miles between Friday (about 6pm) and Sunday (about 1pm), which included Mt. Rainey(about 2000 ft) at the end of Sat. Sunday we paid about $70 for a campsite(split between 11 people) just over the S.C. line. It had showers and was about 30 seconds from the river outfitter that we went down the Chatooga Section 4 with on Memorial Day. Our group was split into 2 different rafts and the front raft saw a bald eagle.....on Memorial Day(CAN YOU SAY.......AMERICA F#%K YEAH!). There were a few guys that probably would've been happy hiking back after the first night, but afterward it was pretty generally agreed that it was worth it. It was a haul and we hiked a good pace, but if you're just looking for a quick overnight trip that wont destroy you there are easy day hikes. It's marked very well and there's potable water (still need iodine or a good filter) from the Chatooga river and some small creeks most of the way, but you can buy very detailed maps for the entire trail online.

I'd love to join, but fall is football time for me. More power to you guys. Everyone needs to know some basic survival skills.

Im going to Yargo today and see the campsites, they are pretty booked but might be able to get a Friday night. Also, does anyone know of another place close to the Gwinnett/Hall/White county areas that would be just as good

good call John

I've set one of these up before last year on the ODT. 30 people were coming, then slowly they dropped out until it was only three of us. They are fun though, got to learn compass and map reading, fire making/building techniques, try out different water filters. I like it, so I'm ready when you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom