• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need 4 wheeler assistance

Try shooting some starting fluid in the carb as you attempt to crank it. If it starts up and runs you have carb issues. Carbs are pretty cantankerous on 4 wheelers and some times you are better off getting a new one. They are pretty reasonable on ebay

How does the carb connect to the cylinder. If it is a hose connection make sure there isn't any air leaks. Sometimes the hoses get dry rot and leak. If it bolts up to the cylinder check the gasket or o-ring (whichever) If the hose, gasket or o-ring is leaking you aren't getting enough vacuum through the carb, you have no gas flow into the cylinder..

I would try the starting fluid trick first to determine if it will run. Then revert to carb connection leaks trouble shooting

Getting ready to go start working again on my new porch

Will try a few tricks later if it starts raining and can’t do porch

Anymore ideas keep lobbing them out there

Thanks so far y’all

From my experience you need to closely inspect the hose. Take it off and flex it to ensure it is not dry rotted. But first try the starting fluid.

One other thing. If you place the palm of your hand over the carburetor do you feel good suction? If not back to the intake hose or you have a valve adjustment issue. .

Back
Top Bottom