• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need a bicycle for a big man!

BIGLEW

Air Force Icon Supporter
AKA: BIG PRETTY - BDR1
446   0
Reaction score
Decided I am going to shed some weight by riding a bike around with my kids in the neighborhood. Problem is I do not know anything about them. I am 6'6" and just north of 300 lbs. I will only ride on streets, and will not be serious riding. What I mean is I am not looking to win a gold medal, just mess around, get my heart pumping, and drop some weight while I am at it.

Let me know.

Get a hybrid bike. Half road and half mountain style. We have a couple of Treks and they work very well for what you are wanting to do. Go to one of their stores and they will help get you measured for the correct frame size so you don't feel like you are riding one of the kids bikes. Make sure to get one with the spring loaded seat post (you can thank me later). They aren't the cheapest; but you sound be able to ride for a long time.

Decided I am going to shed some weight by riding a bike around with my kids in the neighborhood. Problem is I do not know anything about them. I am 6'6" and just north of 300 lbs. I will only ride on streets, and will not be serious riding. What I mean is I am not looking to win a gold medal, just mess around, get my heart pumping, and drop some weight while I am at it.

Let me know.
Bicycles are definitely the way to go for weight loss and to keep you in shape.Not near as bad on your joints as running.Good luck with your new goals!

Bicycles are definitely the way to go for weight loss and to keep you in shape.Not near as bad on your joints as running.Good luck with your new goals!

Yea. My back is in bad shape, but my knees are really bad off. Had my ACL replaced and MCL repaired. Cartilage was also torn in two places. Happened back in my youth, but feeling it big time now. Going for a run is 100% out of the question.

Back
Top Bottom