• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need a mentor to walk me through disability process

ikillsdeer

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
60   0
Reaction score
Not sure how to go about this but I suffered a serious injury a few years ago and just can't handle being an industrial maintenance mechanic anymore and left my job. Do I need a lawyer ? Are their non profit groups local here that could help me through the process ?

Get a lawyer from the start.

My wife has been battling for disability
For over 10 years.

Even with help from a great member here
who had state reps contact her and try to help.
She's still been denied, all this after her primary
care doc says he's never seen anyone more
qualified for it.

She has used lawyers through the whole process
and now has a court date " next month "
to allow a local judge review the case and make a decision.

Good luck to you, don't take no for an answer, keep reapplying.

And keep your fingers crossed for my wife too.

It was an on the job injury 3 or 4 years ago but I already settled with the company a couple years ago. I shattered my heel in over 40 pieces and it was put back together with titanium but my ancle couldn't be helped and is missing lots of bone.

I see EVERY day people claiming to be disabled and in no way or fashion are they disabled but they file and file and file and that is what clogs up the system. One guy told me because he has diabetes, and by the way no complications from diabetes just has recently diagnosed diabetes, that he can not work! I am sorry to hear about your situation, my brother is very much disabled and we had to fight with him for years to file. Anyway he was denied and we got a lawyer. In speaking with the SSI agent they pretty much told me that they use lawyers (these days) to help weed out those with a real claim and those who have no true disability. In the end the lawyer took the max amount they are allowed to charge but my brother did get his disability and that has made such a difference in his life. Good luck with the claim.

Social Security will not let an attorney charge more than 25% of back pay. I had three doctors state that I have a terminal disease. Filed twice, turned down twice, hired an attorney and was finally granted a hearing. The Judge asked three questions after reading the doctors letters. My name, address and what I was doing there? He looked at me and said, this should have been approved a long time ago...Whole process took over 2 yrs, they sent the check to the attorney, for the full amount..The attorney took his 25% out and sent me the balance..

Back
Top Bottom