• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Need a quasi legal answer:

Exactly why we have 18 acres and the nearest HOA is in the next county...
We have 100 acres and an HOA neighborhood full of dbags that runs are entire West fenceline. I love to get my Ak and a cple mags and cut loose just to explode their tiny liberal minds... :laugh:

1678137010356.png

Looks like the specification is that your "lot" has to be maintained in a "neat and attractive condition". Looks like you can tell them to kick rocks without any actual specified height requirement.

Whether having short shrubs are necessary for a "neat and attractive condition" really is completely subjective, and unless they have an explicit clause in the version of the covenant that you agreed to, that you'd be happy to comply when they amend the covenant in order to include it.

And once that's done, you'll direct your landscapers at their next scheduled visit to bring you into compliance with the HOA's directives.

We had the same stupid company managing our HOA for the first year. The developer chose them since it was a new subdivision. We formed our on Board and booted GCM as soon as we could. It saved us several thousand dollars per year and our dues went down over $100 per year.

Some quick google-fu and I see nothing about shrubs anywhere in your regs. I would ask them the specific article and reference. If they can't provide it, get a restraining order for them to stay 100 ft away from your property for harassment. Then if they drive/walk by; call the appropriate people.
Yeah, I'd print out the covenants/bylaws and just hand deliver it to the board, and ask them to highlight where it says something about shrub height.

What’s the best way to tell my HOA to ‘f&ck off‘ and get out of this stupid fine? I‘ve never seen this stupid half-height requirement before. My shrubs have been about that height for 6 years.

View attachment 5442138
LOL $25 wouldn't cover my martini bill before I am seated for dinner.

Back
Top Bottom