Need advice from the ODT family

furious

Default rank <4500 posts Lifetime Supporter
Don't let yesterday use up too much of today.
261   0
Reaction score
My mom is in her late 70s and she's really had a rough life. She's had 5 strokes now. She's "recovered" from them all and is alert and can move around on her own. But in the last couple of years she's had some digestive problem and even refuses food from time to time. When she gets sick she has panic attacks that last for hours. This makes her more sick. They have given her valium at the ER and it worked wonders. They prescribed her ten 2mg valiums last year. She takes 1/2 pill at a time when needed. She's now down to her last one after taking one yesterday. She can't find any doctors that will prescribe even low dose valiums. It's like the DEA has threatened all doctors. They hear the word Valium and they get this look on their face like you were a criminal or something. I'm at my wits end. Nobody will help her to just live a few more years without panic attacks. She does not have an addictive personality. She's never smoked, drank alcohol or anything. I just don't understand why they don't care about her.

Does anybody here know of a doctor that will prescribe her valium? We are located in Gilmer county but I'll drive her anywhere to get help.

Feel free to send a PM if you don't want to talk in public.

thank you

Does she have a regular GP?
They should refer her to the correct place whether it is a psychiatrist, because of the panic attacks, or possibly a pain management clinic.
Our pain management doc gives my wife valium to take before she has a procedure such as epidural done.

Try the online doctors at cerebral. I had the same problem trying to find a doctor to help me with my anxiety. I got with cerebral and they helped me figure out what would work and ive had my anxiety under control ever since.

DEA doesnt care that they are wrecking lives of patients. My mother is 86 and i have been going through this same type stuff for a few years now. When they get a certain age/time frame in life, some of them need drugs.
They need light opiates for pain, they need benzos for panic attacks, etc., etc, and it has gotten to the point that the doctors are almost a joke. :mad:
They wonder why the black market thrives the way it does :doh: just open your eyes and look .

Good luck with your situation furious furious - i pray you find a solution. Each month it seems like a new struggle to get the same meds you had to squeeze them out of the last month. It is criminal, or should be.

This is all part of Obamacare's evil hidden agenda. Obama said so himself. Kill off the oldtimers and those pesky SS monthly retirement checks. They don't give a tinker's dam, just die off and help society.

What about a substitute that may work just as well as valium but its over the counter available? Taurine is supposed to be an effective alternative to Valium.

Another thought would be to have her see a psychologist or therapist for the panic attacks and they should be able to give her the valium.

My mom is in her late 70s and she's really had a rough life. She's had 5 strokes now. She's "recovered" from them all and is alert and can move around on her own. But in the last couple of years she's had some digestive problem and even refuses food from time to time. When she gets sick she has panic attacks that last for hours. This makes her more sick. They have given her valium at the ER and it worked wonders. They prescribed her ten 2mg valiums last year. She takes 1/2 pill at a time when needed. She's now down to her last one after taking one yesterday. She can't find any doctors that will prescribe even low dose valiums. It's like the DEA has threatened all doctors. They hear the word Valium and they get this look on their face like you were a criminal or something. I'm at my wits end. Nobody will help her to just live a few more years without panic attacks. She does not have an addictive personality. She's never smoked, drank alcohol or anything. I just don't understand why they don't care about her.

Does anybody here know of a doctor that will prescribe her valium? We are located in Gilmer county but I'll drive her anywhere to get help.

Feel free to send a PM if you don't want to talk in public.

thank you
If you have a real herb shop ( not gnc) they can help you. Try valerian root and rhodiola. Together they help me with my anxiety and panic attacks

Back
Top Bottom