• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need Advice on Gate Openers

JSoko

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
35   0
Reaction score

I want to put a solar powered opener (no electricity) on a 12' swing gate

I want an opener that I can push a button and it opens & closes (just like my garage door)
I will do the install

any preferences??? looking on the internet I became overwhelmed at all the many types
image_74151.jpg

I used a Mighty Mule for 17 years. Pretty good opener.
The original GTO mighty mule was an adequate gate opener, but the current version (and their customer service) is lacking in a number of ways. In order for the gate to move a full 90 degrees, the hardware has to be mounted on a 2" steel or aluminum pipe. The control board also acts as a $100 micro processor protecting a 10 cent fuse by blowing the first time there is a voltage transient, especially lightning. Before it is over, you will most likely know more about it than your customer service reps.

Ghost Control Gate Openers. Mine has been great for the past two years, I was installing them as a side gig for a little while. Got any questions let me know

I can get them a little cheaper than most places

The original GTO mighty mule was an adequate gate opener, but the current version (and their customer service) is lacking in a number of ways. In order for the gate to move a full 90 degrees, the hardware has to be mounted on a 2" steel or aluminum pipe. The control board also acts as a $100 micro processor protecting a 10 cent fuse by blowing the first time there is a voltage transient, especially lightning. Before it is over, you will most likely know more about it than your customer service reps.
Sheesh I guess I was wrong then....sorry I replied

Back
Top Bottom