• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need advice RE 7MM mag

Stuckon22

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Look a Man Straight in His Hairy Eyeball!
238   0
Reaction score
Fellows, just got a Savage 116 stainless 7MM mag in a trade. Never owned one before, always hunted with 25-06. Is there significant recoil with a bolt action, 150 grain SP? And what is the relative value of the rifle? Rifle came with sling, composite stock, silver 3x9x40 scope. Thanks for your help!

My first rifle was a remington 700 adl in 7mm. The round itself is a good solid round. You can hunt just about anything in north america with a 7mm rem mag. I had custom ammo made for the rifle and it was a 3 shot, .5moa rifle. Recoil is definitely there, more so than the .308 I have now but it was never an issue for me. Take the rifle to the range and shot it some, if its accurate then you may want to keep it.

Fellows, just got a Savage 116 stainless 7MM mag in a trade. Never owned one before, always hunted with 25-06. Is there significant recoil with a bolt action, 150 grain SP? And what is the relative value of the rifle? Rifle came with sling, composite stock, silver 3x9x40 scope. Thanks for your help!

Definately gonna be a big difference from that squirrel gun you've been using :lol:
I use 150gr in my 7 mag, and love it. 3000+ fps, never had one walk with a 7 mag hit either.
As far as value - Accutrigger? Hinged floorplate or blind box? It's a Weather Warrior, that may help you in pricing. Go shoot it!!! I'm sure you'll love it. Don't go getting rid of it for one of those rusty ole Mosins you love so much :lol:

Definately gonna be a big difference from that squirrel gun you've been using :lol:
I use 150gr in my 7 mag, and love it. 3000+ fps, never had one walk with a 7 mag hit either.
As far as value - Accutrigger? Hinged floorplate or blind box? It's a Weather Warrior, that may help you in pricing. Go shoot it!!! I'm sure you'll love it. Don't go getting rid of it for one of those rusty ole Mosins you love so much :lol:

Thanks, gonna try to shoot it next weekend. Have plans to go west sometime for Elk..etc so may keep it if I like it. I bet it does not throw fire like the Mosins but probably has a litle more punch. It is not an accutrigger and is top eject, no floorplate. Rifle feels very balanced.

My first rifle was a remington 700 adl in 7mm. The round itself is a good solid round. You can hunt just about anything in north america with a 7mm rem mag. I had custom ammo made for the rifle and it was a 3 shot, .5moa rifle. Recoil is definitely there, more so than the .308 I have now but it was never an issue for me. Take the rifle to the range and shot it some, if its accurate then you may want to keep it.

Thx

Back
Top Bottom