• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

need auto mechanic Canton area

backbeat57

Default rank <50 posts Lifetime Supporter
Outdoorsman
8   0
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a nephew in the Canton area having problems with his 2013 Kia Sorento. Sometimes the tachometer just dies, and the motor gets sluggish. Other times, it runs just fine. If I had to guess, it sounds like a crankshaft or cam position sensor.

The dealership can't get him in until the end of the month. Any recommendations for a good mechanic in the area?

Is it throwing a code or not? That will tell you what is wrong. Any parts store will have a code reader and that will give the code. Sometimes in rare instances the check engine light will not come on when the problem exists. The problem is when that happens the only way to diagnose properly is put it on a dyno and have it under a load. The car sitting in a shop idling won't replicate the problem. Then you will get a bill with the invoice saying no codes detected.

My best friends 99 SLP SS Camaro did that same thing. It wouldn't act up until it was under a full throttle load. He took it to more shops you can count on both hands and nobody could find the problem. So he sold it to another friend of mine. I put the HP Tuners diagnostic analyzer on it and saw the MAF sensor fall off under full throttle. I swapped out the MAF sensor and she ran like a scalded dog after that. These new cars sometimes are very hard to diagnose. Let me know what the outcome is.

The number one question is, does the check engine light come on. If so swing by parts store and have them hook the code reader up to it. It just plugs into the OBDll port. It will tell the Code and you can make a educate decision then. More often times than not it will tell you the exact problematic sensor. I would have to say the crack sensor is a dang good guess since it is responsible for RPM detection. However, another sensor could be the problem and killing the engine intermittently which would mimic a faulty crank sensor.

Thanks, Greg. I have code readers here in my shop. But I can’t get down there due to work. So looking for a good mechanic in the Canton area.

Hey all,

I have a nephew in the Canton area having problems with his 2013 Kia Sorento. Sometimes the tachometer just dies, and the motor gets sluggish. Other times, it runs just fine. If I had to guess, it sounds like a crankshaft or cam position sensor.

The dealership can't get him in until the end of the month. Any recommendations for a good mechanic in the area?

We have had good luck with Nicholson off hwy 20

Especially if he's at the north end of town - I've used these guys a few times.

They're pretty accommodating with schedules and are reasonably priced.

There was one time they had the opportunity to rip me off and the were honest with me, which is a definite plus point.

Back
Top Bottom