• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need contractor for Pond overflow pipe repair

Yes, bottom has rusted out and eroded and the water is coming in the pipe but it has not washed out around the pipe at the dam. Only directly under the pipe has been eroded.
How is the pond feed? You would have to drain the pond below where it is rusted out but you can patch it with non shrink grout or concrete.

Spring feed. Once it gets to a certain point the springs keep up. It will not drain down below the elbow. However. I have a drain valve I am going to open. Hope.it will shut back off. It is 20 years old.

Had friend of my wife's family just have his complete dam rebuilt last year and it is 2-3 times the size of mine for 8K. They guy that did the work does not come up this far. I will get a few quotes and figure it out from there ai guess. Thanks guys

I have a 2 acre pond that began leaking several a few years ago. Last year it was down four feet and I thought that was bad. I went out in a boat and started messing with it and it broke off at the bottom of the pond in the sediment. Luckly the pond was 20 ft deep in the middle and held my fish. The metal pipe was swiss cheese. THe sediment in the bottom filled the pipe up and stopped the flow of water. I modified the emergency overflow the handle the constant flow of water.

There are experts out there and I called a few. Everything involved digging up the dam and replacing the pipe. 20K - 30k. Plus making sure its ok with DNR, EPA and County Government. I fingured the projoct would either get so expensive I couldn't do it or the North Ga Extinct tree frog would shut me down.

I used a syphon system until I could get the emergency overflow fixed. It worked well.

Good luck your going to have some headaches over this. Been there.

Back
Top Bottom