• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need good gunsmith for 1911 work.

drewga11

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
66   0
Reaction score
I just acquired a 10mm 1911 that I want to have bobtailed. I also need a new thumb safety and grip safety fit and installed as well as the bobtail mainspring housing, new sights installed, and Cerakote. There may be more I want done, but that's all I can think of at the moment. If I have to take it somewhere else for the Cerakote, it's not a big deal, but would prefer someone who could do everything.

Brian Ott is your man. He is a member here. 678-840-9484
He's in Douglasville and worth the ride.
We picked up my son's 1911 today.
You can call him and he'll give you a price over the phone.

http://www.harrisoncustom.com/ Located in Kennesaw. Not sure how busy he is. I bought a used Kimber that refused to run right and now it's
my daily carry gun.
I had the work done a couple of years ago. I just called and he had time. I don't know how I lucked out. Not only is he crazy busy, but he usually won't work on
series 80 guns(which my Kimber is).

I had the work done a couple of years ago. I just called and he had time. I don't know how I lucked out. Not only is he crazy busy, but he usually won't work on
series 80 guns(which my Kimber is).

He rejected my Series II Kimber. I sucked it up, and bought an older one.

He's done wonderful work on my other 1911s though! Well, well worth the drive to Kennesaw.

I can't vouch for the other suggestions, but I can for John.

I think he's always backed up for full custom guns, but he's always fit my piddling repair jobs in in a month or so.

He rejected my Series II Kimber. I sucked it up, and bought an older one.

He's done wonderful work on my other 1911s though! Well, well worth the drive to Kennesaw.

I can't vouch for the other suggestions, but I can for John.

I think he's always backed up for full custom guns, but he's always fit my piddling repair jobs in in a month or so.

In that case, I can't imagine what he'd say if I asked him to work on a Rock Island. While he may the best around, I decided not to waste my time seeing if he had the time or would even do it based on the brand. His website leads me to believe he's a bit snobbish about what brands he'll work on and he also doesn't appear to offer Cerakote.

Back
Top Bottom