• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need Gunsmith for AR

philwil68

Default rank <2500 posts Lifetime Supporter
Guitar and Gun Slinger
114   0
Reaction score
Surprise!... My freaking AR jammed because I fed it crappy ammo and didn't clean it very well. I'm a tard and now I have a non-functioning "assault weapon". Anyways, I have a cheap tulammo case stuck in the chamber and I have tried beating it out with a cleaning rod (broke it) from Walmart. Need a wizard that is local to Henry county. Any suggestions?

Have you tried mortaring it?

If it's a fired round, get in your knees, grasp the rifle in your non dominant hand around the handguard, point the rifle in the air and slam it on the ground while pulling back on the charging handle with your dominant hand. If you have a collapsible stock make sure the stock is collapsed when you do it.

Also if you are able to open the bolt, lock it back when trying to get the case out. If you are bearing on the case with the bolt closed, you will beat for a while without it going anywhere.

If the bolt carrier is stuck forward, gripping the rim, make sure you zip tie the charging handle lever so that you're not pounding against the CH which is gripped the upper receiver. (Does that make sense?)

If the bolt carrier is stuck forward, gripping the rim, make sure you zip tie the charging handle lever so that you're not pounding against the CH which is gripped the upper receiver. (Does that make sense?)

That really won't do much....the bolt is locked in place. He needs to get the bolt carrier moving first.

I Shoot both tula and Wolf. how many rounds did you go
through between cleanings that got that gunked up?

I've put around 600 rds through it total. But I have cleaned it after each session. I think I might not has cleaned the chamber good enough on my last outing (100 rds). Then went out this time and only got to about 24 rds.

Back
Top Bottom