• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need Gunsmith for AR

b.a., my point was if he was pounding on a cleaning rod and the CH was latched, he would only end up damaging his upper. Mortaring it resolves this. It worked for me as well once.

b.a., my point was if he was pounding on a cleaning rod and the CH was latched, he would only end up damaging his upper. Mortaring it resolves this. It worked for me as well once.

Charging handle means NOTHING. is it not latched when you are shooting? The bolt carrier moves independently of the charging handle.

Finally got the bastard out! Thanks for all the suggestions and offers to help. I was able to mortar it, then bang it out. I will say that my extractor ripped the lip off of a steel case Tula round. As I said, I out around 500 rds through it with no issues after break in, not sure if this was due to improper cleaning or bad round.

Glad ya got it out without damage. Keep it clean or just use brass.

Don't wanna comment any further without turning this into a debate involving brass vs steel cased.

Regular use of a USGI chamber brush solves the issue. Nothing wrong with steel cased ammo, just requires a little more cleaning, especially the chamber.

Back
Top Bottom