• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need help on a ak

mxracer07

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
24   0
Reaction score
I have the chance to purchase a brand new polytech ak the guy that owns it bought it new in 1985 and has never shot it. Problem is I’m not familiar enough with them to know what I should pay for it. So anyone with more knowledge than me please feel free to chime in with what a reasonable price would be on it

Attachments

• 45049C79-71B2-48F1-A479-A9ECCB115619.jpeg
    45049C79-71B2-48F1-A479-A9ECCB115619.jpeg
    49.2 KB · Views: 47
I have never owned one before and this one was brought to me by a friend problem is neither of us know how to price it
This a good friend, or one that is opportunistic?

If it's the friend's gun, they should know how to price it or what they want out of it. If you are doing this to help the friend out, that's one thing. If it's a friend of the friend's gun and they don't know it's worth, the rabbit hole deepens. More info is needed.

There are more than a handful of good threads with thousands of posts just on AKs here on ODT. Also, look up the going price for that model on gunbroker or other gun seller sites to get an approximate value.

As I mentioned earlier, if you just want a AK, there are other options.

@Jeddak

I have the chance to purchase a brand new polytech ak the guy that owns it bought it new in 1985 and has never shot it. Problem is I’m not familiar enough with them to know what I should pay for it. So anyone with more knowledge than me please feel free to chime in with what a reasonable price would be on it
How old is your grandmother?
If the square and compass are real you'll know what I'm asking.

Back
Top Bottom