• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need help pricing an M1 Garand

I have shot it. Shoots great. I respect this gun greatly for its awesomeness, but it doesnt ever leave the safe anymore. Someone else will get more enjoyment out of it than I am. This is the barrel stamp.
1489446648353-1319567753.jpg
and the bore shot.
1489446871908-1054424522.jpg

ODT? $700 - $850 to sell it. That receiver is blasted and reparked and the stampings are no longer clear. The stock is a replacement or has been heavily sanded and restained. Three years ago that'd been a $500 project rifle so now is the time to sell it. Hate to be a downer but you'll be hard pressed to get a $1,000 for that rifle here.

$750 - $800 for a mix-master like this.

So you have an import with a replacement barrel and heavily blasted receiver where you can barely read Winchester.

If you are a member of CMP you can get a refurbished Garand with new barrel for $830 delivered to your front door.

There may be more desire for your gun because it is a pre-war serial Winchester but other than that don't see anything that would make it that much more valuable.

FWIW, I just checked a round in the end of my muzzle and it looks very close to yours and measured 0.13" or a smidge over 1/8" and is a 2.5 muzzle erosion rifle. But you need a set of gauges to confirm. That barrel should have plenty of life left in it if I had to guess.

Go Gunbroker if you want to get the most money.

List it on ODT for $900 but be prepared to wait.

$825, settle for $800 and I bet it's gone within the week.

No, I still have it. Ill offer it up to those on this thread before I list it in the classifieds. It will save me some of the re-hashing of what has already been discussed here. Ill throw in the ammo to whatever deal I make.

I think most of the Blue Sky's were picked up by the Danish military after WW2, used for decades and re-arsenalled, I believe that might be one of their barrels but im not up to date on Garand barrel markings. Fair price would likely be $50ish under a CMP field grade, but then again Garands do get listed regularly in sillyland territory so who knows.

Back
Top Bottom