• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NEED HELP w/ Scope, Base, and Rings for new gun

toyotastunner

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
10   0
Reaction score
I just purchased a Remington 700 SPS Buckmaster that is finished in the Realtree Hardwood Gray Pattern. I would much like to find a manufacture who has base and rings to match this pattern. (Again this is Hardwood Gray not Green). I have found a scope made by a company called tradition that looks very similar to the pattern but I dont know much about that company. Any help would be apperciated.

Choose a scope on merit and not color. Purchase a good quality optic (Nikon Leupold Zeiss) and have it camoed.

btw traditions scopes are not what I would call quality.

Choose a scope on merit and not color. Purchase a good quality optic (Nikon Leupold Zeiss) and have it camoed.

btw traditions scopes are not what I would call quality.

Thanks for your input but there are several quailty scopes that dont cost 300+. Alot of people choose a Scopes "Merit" on Price. Whatever works for you.
and Lets get real who wants to but a $500 scope on a $500 dollar gun?? Im just not that kinda guy and things have worked well with me over the years.

I understand where you are trying to go with this. You're looking at this as you would it to look uniformed and good. But don't cheat yourself by putting a scope on the gun because it's the only scope you can find in the patten you want. Believe me, the deer will not know that your scope doesn't match your gun.

You can find good deals on nikons and leupolds if you look around. I usually spend close to the cost of a gun for a scope. A $1,000 rifle is useless with a cheap scope.

Leupold or Burris bases and rings and a can of krylon. There are plenty of entry level Leupolds available for under $300.

It's no big trick to do hardwood camo with a couple of rattle cans.

Thanks for your input but there are several quailty scopes that dont cost 300+. Alot of people choose a Scopes "Merit" on Price. Whatever works for you.
and Lets get real who wants to but a $500 scope on a $500 dollar gun?? Im just not that kinda guy and things have worked well with me over the years.
The type of person that cares about quality. You are only as good as your eyes, and if your scope sucks then so do your eyes. I can't believe how many people will spend $500 on a rifle and put a Bushnell on top of it...rediculous. You are only as good as your weakest link.

The man has chosen what he wants for his gun! Let him be, If he's happy with what he has then who are we to tell him otherwise. I have learned that its better to go with what you like,rather than what another man tells you ' you should like'.

Back
Top Bottom