• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NEED HELP w/ Scope, Base, and Rings for new gun

The man has chosen what he wants for his gun! Let him be, If he's happy with what he has then who are we to tell him otherwise. I have learned that its better to go with what you like,rather than what another man tells you ' you should like'.

I certainly hope he gets what he likes, but he was asking for opinions and he got em. Honest opinions from some members who have found over the years that good mounts and optics are very often worth what you pay to get em. A lower end Leupold etc. will give better performance, service, and hold up longer than a high end traditions or other low quality optic.
Some have learned to buy once cry once. They are just trying to share this info with someone who may not realize that if one or more $90 x brand scope craps out and odds are it will, then you still have to buy another and you are out more money with more aggravation. A $200 lower end quality piece with good mounts will last a lifetime and have higher/quicker resale if it comes to that and very often cost less in the long run.

Personally I'd rather have a spray painted Leupold rifleman than a Chinese traditions anything. Anything wrong with that opinion?

Last edited:
I whole heartedly recommend Sightron scopes. I am very happy with mine...although mine is a higher end one (SII Big Sky), the lower SI & SII are great scopes in their price points. The glass in the Sightrons is made by the same Japanese company that supplies Nikon's glass - only with a different coating. At least that's what I have been told.

Everyone who has looked through my scope comments on how crisp, clear & bright it is.

Back
Top Bottom