• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need help with sks parts

gun guy17

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
10   0
Reaction score
I've got a yugo 59/66 sks that has been "tacti-cool'd" with a tapco stock, missing the fixed magazine, and a railed receiver cover. I want to find an original replacement stock, magazine, and cover to fit it, but I dont know if other sks stocks and magazines will fit and work or if I have to have yugo parts. There is a larger selection of other parts but most are pretty expensive and I dont wanna waste money on stuff that doesnt work. Anyone have any knowledge in this area?

Chinese stock will fit. You could refinish it and it'll look fine.

Chinese mag should fit....the Yugo is slightly wider, I believe.

Chinese Receiver cover will fit.

Chinese gas tube will fit.

Apex, Numrich, and AIM are out of almost everything. You're going to have to stick with Ebay, Gunbroker, and the forums to piece this together.

Chinese stock will fit. You could refinish it and it'll look fine.

Chinese mag should fit....the Yugo is slightly wider, I believe.

Chinese Receiver cover will fit.

Chinese gas tube will fit.

Apex, Numrich, and AIM are out of almost everything. You're going to have to stick with Ebay, Gunbroker, and the forums to piece this together.
Thanks for the tip on the stock listed here. I'll look into it. I know very little about parts interchangability on these rifles. The internet seems to contradict itself on this subject. It appears there are 2 or 3 different chinese stocks depending on if it was made for a pinned or threaded barrel rifle. The only thing I know for sure is the yugo gas tube is different from all others. So you reckon a Chinese magazine will fit, or would it be loose on the yugo?

Need a yugo gas tube too. Those don't pop up much online. One auctioned on eBay started at $40 sold for $110... No thanks

I've been selling guns parts a long time... and one thing that has remained constant since I bubb'd my first SKS in 1993 is that SKS parts sell very well. 50% of new SKS owners want to tactical it out, 50% of new SKS owners want to return it to original. So selling either type of part to the other provides a steady market. I wholesale'd a huge lot of SKS parts off to a guy named Andrew Austin. You can find him on FB. I have no idea what he would charge for those three items, but it's worth sending him a PM there. Good luck.

One more tip, if you go to gunbroker and type in "gunbuster" in the search bar, there is a company that sells confiscated parts kits (no receiver) and they get a ton of SKS's. Sell of the parts you don't need on ebay.

One more tip, if you go to gunbroker and type in "gunbuster" in the search bar, there is a company that sells confiscated parts kits (no receiver) and they get a ton of SKS's. Sell of the parts you don't need on ebay.
Thanks for the tips. I'll look into it. So far ebay is the only source that has anything but parts are few and prices are high. I've sourced a stock here on ODT but a magazine and a gas tube have been tough to find for reasonable money. Some say chinese magazine will fit and others say it won't. Might just have to gamble on that

Gunbusters has a yugo parts kit with all I need. Bid is now $77 with a few days to go. I'll keep an eye on it but I think it'll get much higher by the end. Other tips welcome in the meantime

Back
Top Bottom