• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Need holster suggestions!!!

pistolpat

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
52   0
Reaction score
I am currently down 119lbs since may of last year and one of my goals in dropping the weight was to be able to appendix carry because to be honest we all know it looks cool and all the cool kids do it but there are some advantages I do find attractive to that style of carry. Tried on a not so ideal holster for appendix with a 365xl and it was very comfortable so I can only imagine an appendix specific holster would be even better but I need one for said 365xl and the hard one is a p80c (glock19 size) with a TLR1 on it….. any suggestions???

I get all my kydex holsters from Jason at Concealment Solutions. I've never carried appendix though so I can't say anything about the ones he makes, but his IWB and OWB holsters are great.

If you decide to get one let me know since he's on a podcast and gives out a discount code that's worth doing. I'd have to look it up though.

The Glock 19 should be easier to carry appendix, in theory, because the pelvic contact will keep the gun from wanting to roll forward. Check out:

Good job with your weight loss! Tier 1 Concealed Axis Slim and T.Rex Arms Sidecar have been my go-to appendix holsters. I really enjoy the Sidecar, with the Raptor Wing attachment, for sometimes carrying just my handgun; the two wide-set clips keep the handgun in the same place consistently (pic below), unlike some holsters with just one clip or two adjacent clips/loops. I believe that both of those makers sell foam wedges as well, which cant the handgun in toward your body and provide cushion.

1659030647811.png

I am currently down 119lbs since may of last year and one of my goals in dropping the weight was to be able to appendix carry because to be honest we all know it looks cool and all the cool kids do it but there are some advantages I do find attractive to that style of carry. Tried on a not so ideal holster for appendix with a 365xl and it was very comfortable so I can only imagine an appendix specific holster would be even better but I need one for said 365xl and the hard one is a p80c (glock19 size) with a TLR1 on it….. any suggestions???
For the Sig I would highly recommend the Versacarry Comfort Flex. I carry it everyday with mine. Leather outside that looks great but a polymer layer for nice rigidity. The back side has a nice foamy layer for comfort and prevent moisture from getting to the leather and weapon.

https://versacarry.com/inside-the-waistband/comfort-flex-deluxe-holster/

For the sig if wearing sweatpants or gym shorts the minimalist one sold at academy is great. The Glock with a light might be a challenge. If wearing big boy pants I use my cross breed.

The Glock 19 should be easier to carry appendix, in theory, because the pelvic contact will keep the gun from wanting to roll forward. Check out:

So I’m a chubby little wanna be operator. My pudgy belly pushes the grip of the gun forward in appendix carry and this digs the barrel end of the gun into my pelvis. I carry a G27.

A) I know loosing 30 lbs would help

But can this be reduced with a longer gun like a 19 or 23 or even a 17 or 22, or are there holsters that help keep the gun upright instead of rolling over for us fat guys.

Back
Top Bottom