• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Need holster suggestions!!!

So I’m a chubby little wanna be operator. My pudgy belly pushes the grip of the gun forward in appendix carry and this digs the barrel end of the gun into my pelvis. I carry a G27.

A) I know loosing 30 lbs would help

But can this be reduced with a longer gun like a 19 or 23 or even a 17 or 22, or are there holsters that help keep the gun upright instead of rolling over for us fat guys.
What kind of belt are you wearing? Make sure you have a legit gun belt and that should make a big difference.

So I’m a chubby little wanna be operator. My pudgy belly pushes the grip of the gun forward in appendix carry and this digs the barrel end of the gun into my pelvis. I carry a G27.

But can this be reduced with a longer gun like a 19 or 23 or even a 17 or 22, or are there holsters that help keep the gun upright instead of rolling over for us fat guys.
Let me preface this by saying that I don’t personally carry appendix. It’s not comfortable to me in any configuration so I carry strong side. I’m also not super heavy.

With that said, I’ve been told by those in the business of designing holsters, yes a longer gun should help anchor the grip against your body. I don’t think it makes them any more or less money to sell full size or subcompact holsters.

I made my own foam wedge, using some scrap closed-cell polyethylene foam, and attached it with some Velcro with adhesive backing. It has definitely increased comfort and pushes the grip of the gun in towards the body better. Pic gives you the idea.

1659034240725.png

I made my own foam wedge, using some scrap closed-cell polyethylene foam, and attached it with some Velcro with adhesive backing. It has definitely increased comfort and pushes the grip of the gun in towards the body better. Pic gives you the idea.

View attachment 4548592
I like that idea.

The Glock 19 should be easier to carry appendix, in theory, because the pelvic contact will keep the gun from wanting to roll forward. Check out:

You use these holsters yourself? They list the exact p80 model and light combo I have so that would probably work very well

Back
Top Bottom