• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need NFA info on an ancient FOUND Maxim

Even if it was amnesty registered it still needs the forms.
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. And since it's been transferred twice ( that I know of ) illegally and in Ohio I don't feel good about ever tracking down the forms. It's looking more and more likely that this Maxim is headed to the crusher.

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. And since it's been transferred twice ( that I know of ) illegally and in Ohio I don't feel good about ever tracking down the forms. It's looking more and more likely that this Maxim is headed to the crusher.

Keep the box and info it is valuable.

This is not legal advice: file a form 1 and illegally claim you built this suppressor at home and get it engraved with your info.

Keep the box and info it is valuable.

This is not legal advice: file a form 1 and illegally claim you built this suppressor at home and get it engraved with your info.
Okay well that's a chicken and egg kinda thing ain't it? Like do you file the form before you build your can or after? And what about a possible inspection of it by some agent with tech experience? Wouldn't they take one look at it and know it aint a home build?

What he really wants to do is turn it over to someone who knows what to do with it for about half it's value. If THAT could be done legally or even close then that's the way to go.

Okay well that's a chicken and egg kinda thing ain't it? Like do you file the form before you build your can or after? And what about a possible inspection of it by some agent with tech experience? Wouldn't they take one look at it and know it aint a home build?

What he really wants to do is turn it over to someone who knows what to do with it for about half it's value. If THAT could be done legally or even close then that's the way to go.

Some home builds are very professional, you just made a really nice replica.

Officially you build it after you get approval, in your case you would hide it until you were approved.

The best thing he could do is find a good firearm museum for the suppressor, and sell the original Maxim documents and box to someone on silencertalk.com

That's a great piece of history and doesn't deserve to be destroyed.

I agree. And I don't want it to go under the shear. I tried to Google it last night but couldn't narrow down a value. I don't think there is any documentation except what is written on the cardboard tube. What do you think would be a ballpark value? and really I'd rather see it donated to a museum with the insides removed than destroyed.

I agree. And I don't want it to go under the shear. I tried to Google it last night but couldn't narrow down a value. I don't think there is any documentation except what is written on the cardboard tube. What do you think would be a ballpark value? and really I'd rather see it donated to a museum with the insides removed than destroyed.

There are so few original Maxim cans I'm not sure where to even begin judging it. The cardboard tube is the same boat, but if well advertised I imagine some collectors would have a nice little bidding war over it.

I just talked to a Class 3 owner I've known for 20 years. He said once it goes MIA and pops back up there really aint any getting it back to legal. I will pass along the info on listing the tube. Where is the best venue for listing it?

Back
Top Bottom